Two Pints - 2009 Specials Page 4

He has got a point Tim. Not a lot of young-skewing shows are set in Runcorn.

*starts writing young-skewing show set in Runcorn* Angry

Quote: Marc P @ April 8 2010, 1:44 PM BST

He has got a point Tim. Not a lot of young-skewing shows are set in Runcorn.

I don't think there are any young-skewing set in Keswick. None at all. Or Aspatria. Disgusting.

When did people start thinking this show was good?

Puerile jokes and really bad delivery. I thought we had got pasted the mid 90s lad and ladet stuff.

Quote: Aaron @ December 24 2009, 8:52 AM BST

Well, part 2 was just bloody brilliant. Susan Nickson is a painfully good, inventive, technically gifted writer. I can't think of any other sitcom that uses so many different styles so effectively and cleverly. Awesome stuff.

With her jokes about spunk

If it wasn't for spunk, none of us would be here.

That is just beautiful.

Quote: Aaron @ April 18 2010, 2:39 PM BST

If it wasn't for spunk, none of us would be here.

I thought we were here for comedy, but I'm willing to donate for the cause.

So it's flipping cancelled then? Is that it?

Nice new look to the site Aaron! Been a while! :)

No, they're in the middle of making a ninth series at the moment.

And thanks, I worked hard on it. :)

Oh right, I thought I read somewhere that Susan, Kathryn and Sheridan all called it a day and so I assumed it was over :S That's good to hear then.

I don't suppose you know how well NGO did in the ratings do you? I thought it was the best series to date!

You're welcome, looks great :)

Yes, Susan has moved onto writing other projects, although she is an executive producer. Sheridan also has a successful theatre career going on at the moment so hasn't returned, and I'm not sure if it was felt there was anything new for the character of Louise, so Kathryn isn't returning either - but Gaz, Donna and Tim are back, and there are a number of new characters who are supposed to be very good.

See our Not Going Out guide for any ratings information available.

Why can't this just die? It's become synonymous with poorly written, badly received shows. Now half the cast (the ones who can play other roles effectively) have moved on, reviving it yet again seems pointless.

Quote: Millsy @ March 4 2011, 12:55 PM GMT

Why can't this just die? It's become synonymous with poorly written

If you've never watched the show and/or think that "not my sense of humour" equates to "poorly written", then yes!

Quote: Aaron @ March 4 2011, 12:59 PM GMT

If you've never watched the show and/or think that "not my sense of humour" equates to "poorly written", then yes!

I've watched most episodes, which I guess can either give credence to my views or make me a hypocrite. I don't think it's the worst show ever made by any stretch of the imagination, but the main thing that irks me with shows of this nature (Grown-Ups, Coming of Age etc) is the fact that young people just don't talk in the way these characters do.

Then again, Grandma's House was naturalistic (apart from the kid) and I found that deathly dull. Again, hypocrite.