Jam and Jerusalem axed Page 5

Well, we may have lost Jam & Jerusalem, but it looks like we're getting more Ab Fab! Hurrah!

Yay. Woo. Everyone rejoice. An original comedy dropped and a tired old show returns. Wonderful.

One day Aaron I will be smart enough to tell which one was original and which was tired and old.

Because I thought they were both pooh.

I liked this show, thought it got better as it went on, too. I would have happily watched some more.

Quote: Aaron @ May 22 2011, 5:11 PM BST

Yay. Woo. Everyone rejoice. An original comedy dropped and a tired old show returns. Wonderful.

:D
I love them both but "Ab Fab" is my all time favourite.

It's well known that you don't like these shows, but I'm gathering from this that you liked "Jam and Jerusalem" a little more? ?

I think it is more the principal.

Quote: ToddB @ May 23 2011, 1:13 AM BST

:D
I love them both but "Ab Fab" is my all time favourite.

It's well known that you don't like these shows, but I'm gathering from this that you liked "Jam and Jerusalem" a little more? ?

I care not for Ab Fab, no, but whilst much of Jam & Jerusalem was equally tiring, I had enjoyed parts of its third series and certainly wouldn't have minded seeing if a fourth run could improve further.

And, as Marc offers, the principle of ending one (improving) show and returning to an old one does not sit entirely comfortably with me.

I just aquired the DVD of series three - which has not aired on television here in Australia to my knowledge.
It is a coup de television. "The Dinner Party" started as a clever and wryly funny French and Saunders sketch with Dawn as the bumptious, unruly servant and Jennifer as the upper-crust but weak- willed mistress. It then developed into something genuinely poignant and heart-wrenching - but not sentimental.
It's sad that the series has ended - but what a great note to leave on.

Quite an interesting one. I thought the script was sometimes at odds with the scenery chewing of some of the performances, aside from the reliably great Johnston. You hear people saying specific actors in sitcoms were better than the material, but you don't hear it said the other way round, do you?

Quote: jsg @ 5th May 2020, 10:25 PM

You hear people saying specific actors in sitcoms were better than the material, but you don't hear it said the other way round, do you?

I think you'll find I've said that about "Hold the Sunset" and "Kate & Koji".

I'm not saying I was right (I mean, when have I ever been right?): I'm just saying I said it. Laughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 5th May 2020, 11:43 PM

I think you'll find I've said that about "Hold the Sunset" and "Kate & Koji".

I stand corrected.

Though in all three it's not that they have a bad cast per se, there's lots of people from them who have been a lot better in other things.

Oh dear.