Jam and Jerusalem axed

Pauline McLynn has announced on her blog that Jam and Jerusalem will not be returning for a 4th series. I know most people on here aren't going to be heart broken about it. Still, I just wanted to let you folks know that I've read the news.

http://paulinemclynn.com/site/

Couldn't be less surprised if I tried, but I was warming to it a little, so a bit of a shame. I won't actively miss it though.

I'll miss the theme tune. :)

But that's it.

For effs sake can't they let anything grow?

Hooray!

Quote: david carmon @ November 29 2009, 5:13 PM GMT

For effs sake can't they let anything grow?

David, it had 3 series. No programme should need three series to grow.

They didn't half naff about with the last one though. I reckon they knew they were getting rid of it when they decided to put 2 episodes on a week, making a 6 episode series into a 3 episode one.

Maybe Jennifer Saunders will go back to Absolutely Fabulous or Vivian Vyle

I'm certain they knew that they were going to axe it. They clumped them together like that to get it out of the way as quickly as possible. The question is more of whether they'd decided to scrap it before seeing the finished S3.

It had heart, but nothing else.

I'll admit I didn't watch most of series 1&2 but I really got into series 3. It was a bit Ballykissangel/ The Vicar Of Dibley/ As Time Goes By.

I adored the show. It was heart-warming and never should have been thrown into the "sitcom" or "comedy" genre. There was some good acting in it, for sure.

I think the last series was certainly the best and I was hoping we'd get at least one more series.

Hopefully with not getting any more J and J we will instead get a new series of Vivienne Vyle.

Oh no, a twee middle class dramedy about 'quirky' characters living in a village is no more - what will we do for entertainment now?

We could wait about 12 seconds before another one comes along. Or they could all merge into one super show like Bally Doc Heartbeat's Last of the Summer Jam in Dibley.

In the first episode, village life is threatened by the arrival of new age travellers / a major road bypass / the police uncovering years of Satanic child abuse and in breeding by the Rotary Club.

Not to worry, the day is saved as all the old biddies get their wrinkly tits out it in yet another rip off of Calendar Girls.

Quote: matt insley @ November 29 2009, 5:40 PM GMT

I adored the show. It was heart-warming and never should have been thrown into the "comedy" genre.

Quite.

Quote: matt insley @ November 29 2009, 5:40 PM GMT

Hopefully with not getting any more J and J we will instead get a new series of Vivienne Vyle.

Oh God, you're a glutton for punishment, Matt. :( ;)

Dawn and Jennifer have served viewers well over recent decades and those of us who can remember when they were funny will agree they're fully entitled to a golden 'sod off' from the licence-payers of Great Britain.

Admittedly, Jen might have milked it just a little by casting her three daughters and several of her friends in the series but it's nearly Christmas so let's not be mean-spirited.

I mean, it's not as if it's our money they're wasting.