Funland Page 2

Was an episode of the next series of Hustle. Just noticed our usernames come from the same sketch Laughing out loud . . .

Loved it from start to finish... something different!

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 14 2009, 5:37 PM GMT

Was an episode of the next series of Hustle. Just noticed our usernames come from the same sketch Laughing out loud . . .

Laughing out loud *high fives*

Ooh Hustle, look forward to seeing it.

FUNLAND Ep. 1 (PDF) Simon Ashdown and Jeremy Dyson

Haven't seen the series yet but really enjoyed the opening episode script on the BBC Writersroom website!

Jeremy tweeted the other day and said this: "Me and Ashdown regularly explore the possibility of going back to Funland. Haven't cracked it yet but it keeps on nagging at us."

Oooooooh.

I look forward to that if it happens. Hint: I want a Christmas special!

I watched it all again recently and it's brilliant in parts, although it's too long and unstructured and it's actually not very funny at all - I appreciate that it's not a comedy.

The acting from Sarah Smart and Ian Paulson-Davies is excellent, although Kris Marshall is miscast. Good buy for four quid. I paid £7 for mine.

Watched the last episode of this the other day, great stuff. F**ked up, but riveting. Mercy was a really scary lady.

Was an ace series.

Agree with Godot - great performance from Sarah Smart, which is odd, since she's hardly torn up the screen in anything else.

Apart from that storyline, found it's self conscious quirkiness got to be a bit of a drag. Perhaps they felt they had to camp it up to please the commissioners.