- Comedy Drama
- BBC Three
- 11 (1 series)
- Kris Marshall, Sarah Smart, Daniel Mays, Ian Puleston-Davies, Philip Jackson, Judy Parfitt, Kenny Doughty, Roy Barraclough and more
- Jeremy Dyson, Simon Ashdown and Louisa Hopgood
- Dearbhla Walsh, Sue Tully and Brian Kirk
- Sanne Wohlenberg, Kenton Allen, Diana Barton, Simon Ashdown and Jeremy Dyson
Set in Blackpool over one long weekend, Funland plunges you into the black heart of the resort town, bringing the saucy seaside postcard screaming into the twenty-first century.
Carter Krantz (Daniel Mays) arrives in Blackpool to avenge the death of his mother. Without a penny to his name and carrying only a fragment of paper containing the words Ambrose Chapel, he is sucked into the most disturbing of mysteries.
The dysfunctional Woolf family are at the heart of everything that happens in Blackpool: there's Shirley Woolf (Ian Puleston-Davies), a borderline psycho; his mother, the evil and manipulative Mercy (Judy Parfitt); and his foolhardy wife Connie (Frances Barber).
Also in town are the Suttons, Dudley (Kris Marshall) and Lola (Sarah Smart), hoping for a dirty weekend to spice up their marriage. Little do they suspect that their stay in the Shangri-la guesthouse will turn their world upside down... their lives will never be the same again.
- Music by David A Hughes.
- First broadcast
- Sunday 23rd October 2005 at 10pm on BBC Three