Funland

Did anyone see this black comedy drama back in 2005. It starred Kris Marshall and Sarah Smart. Quite enjoyed it actually. :)

Oooooh, thread 1,000!

Written by Jeremy 'League Of Gentlemen' Dyson, wasn't it? Never saw it myself, but heard it was pretty good.

Yeah it was. I found the boxset for £4 in HMV yesterday... so I bought it. I quite like Marshall and Smart's work anyway so I knew I'd enjoy it.

Such a shame it portrays Blackpool in such a horrible (yet true) light. :(

Quote: Robert D @ November 10 2009, 2:35 AM GMT

Yeah it was. I found the boxset for £4 in HMV yesterday... so I bought it.

Blimey! Good spot. It was only one series, right? 6 x 50 mins/1 hour?

Quote: Robert D @ November 10 2009, 2:28 AM GMT

Did anyone see this black comedy drama back in 2005.

It didn't excite me much, because the 'black' part seemed silly, and not in a good way.

I really liked this show, it was great.

I really liked it. And can't believe there wasn't already a thread. Must have talked about it somewhere else.
Loved the Mark Gatiss character.

In my opinion, better than Psychoville. But then my opinion doesn't count for much even in my house.

I remember seeing this around the same time as Blackpool was on with the lovely Sarah Parrish.

Both very good in their respective ways.

That bloke with the funny face seemed quite creepy. I'm sure he'll be typecast.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 10 2009, 2:46 AM GMT

Blimey! Good spot. It was only one series, right? 6 x 50 mins/1 hour?

1x 60 mins (pilot) and 10x 30 mins. :)

Really loved it. The main guy with the adorable squishy face whose name escapes me was bloody good. Mark Gatiss was the highlight for me. :D

Loved this show, really great storyline and acting.

I thought it was a bit dreary. And another of these tedious "Oooh, look me, I'm sooooo dark" shows. Yawn. That said, the cuckold elements were quite a turn on. :$

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ November 11 2009, 4:07 PM GMT

Really loved it. The main guy with the adorable squishy face whose name escapes me was bloody good. Mark Gatiss was the highlight for me. :D

Same here - only watched it for the Gatiss/Dyson connection, but a pretty watchable show on the whole - though the final episode (clearly NOT filmed in Blackpool Tower) did a terrible job of tying everything together. Danny Mays is the squishy faced guy (Vera Drake's son) - just worked on a show he's in and got to watch him rehearse a few scenes. A fine actor indeed.

Ahh, Daniel Mays, that's it! Thank you Slippery Jack. :) What kind of show was it, if you don't me asking?