20 signs you've watched too many British sitcoms Page 4

You wonder what part Rene Artois played in Operation Mincemeat...

Your wartime sweetheart turns up probably played by a venerable old character like Joan Sims. Most of the plot of the episode is in flashback because the show has jumped the shark after eight series. This plot could possibly be re-used for the big screen spin-off.

Quote: Tim Azure @ March 9 2013, 11:42 AM GMT

You wonder what part Rene Artois played in Operation Mincemeat...

:D

Mr Humphries minces on to the shop floor in an Elves costume, because the writers have run of plots and Mrs Slocombe and Miss Brahms look on in mock surprise. Meanwhile Mr Lucas makes another ageist remark at the expense of Mrs Slocombe who makes a predictable grimace. The new bloke who works in the storeroom is not a patch on Arthur English.

Quote: Eric Pode @ March 13 2013, 12:11 AM GMT

...the show has jumped the shark after eight series.

Your life feels like it jumped the shark? Would mine was so interesting.

When you start walking round your house quoting classic comedy lines to yourself. Laughing out loud

Partridge Quotes are a way of life...

"AND ANOTHER!!!!!!"

"This Country"

"You people"

"No you CAN'T!"

Any blown lightbulb in the house results in a Kryten impression

"Sir, are you absolutely sure?, it doesn't mean changing the bulb"

Tea is only offered in Irish accents.

Drink is only offered in Irish accents but slightly more demanding

Cocaine is only offered if you're sure. Possible Raisins will appear instead

Sometimes Mulan is confused with an actual holiday you had...certainly to my mind Eddie Murphy's third best film

Any attempt at a foriegn accent ends up with you giving up and ending the sentence with "fallia halla, faillia halley, eth eth eth, eth eth eth eth eth, CHRIS WADDLE!"

I just opened some salsa, dropped the lid which splattered salsa all over the floor.

Looked up with clenched fist and cried out 'Thank you God!'

Quote: Oldrocker @ March 22 2013, 9:12 PM GMT

I just opened some salsa, dropped the lid which splattered salsa all over the floor.

Looked up with clenched fist and cried out 'Thank you God!'

Laughing out loud (I know the situation!)

When you overhear people on a bus trying to work out who the other actor in a certain comedy was and you want to shout out the answer while they randomly guess before deciding to Google.

When your colleague with whom you used to act out classic exchanges from Fawlty Towers retires so you train your PA to do the same. (My boss actually did this.)

Quote: Tursiops @ March 23 2013, 6:32 PM GMT

When your colleague with whom you used to act out classic exchanges from Fawlty Towers retires so you train your PA to do the same. (My boss actually did this.)

He hit you on the forehead with a spoon?! :O

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Best anecdote ever. I may as well close the thread.

"I'm sorry, Miss Jones, but that is what the Major said... "

Your friend lets you pick up her dachshund puppy whenever the phone rings and announce 4291.