20 signs you've watched too many British sitcoms Page 2

Quote: Morrace @ November 6 2009, 11:43 PM GMT

That's really unfair. The poor lad's a recovering alcoholic. Why can't you just leave him alone? Console

Cheers, Mr Andy (or may I call you Fabulous?), but don't worry, I've come to consider being mates with Morrace my unofficial '13th Step'. ;)

Quote: Kenneth @ November 7 2009, 8:27 AM GMT

There used to be a rather shabby budget hotel (more of a hostel than a hotel really) called Fawlty Towers in the southern Israeli town of Eilat (on the Red Sea). If you could show on your passport that your name was Basil, Polly, Sybil or Manuel - you were allowed to stay free. I used to stay there before going to Egypt to sell suitcases of alcohol. I think it shut down in 1996. It wasn't too awful and the manager wasn't very tall.

I love the sound of all the dodgy jobs you've had Ken!

My uncle owned a FT hotel in Cornwall at one point.

A regular Dirty Ken.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 7 2009, 4:30 PM GMT

Cheers, Mr Andy (or may I call you Fabulous?), but don't worry, I've come to consider being mates with Morrace my unofficial '13th Step'. ;)

...and now he's been banned, for no doubt more provocative behaviour.

I like to think of him as not so much banned, more as "gone home".

Quote: Kenneth @ November 7 2009, 8:27 AM GMT

There used to be a rather shabby budget hotel (more of a hostel than a hotel really) called Fawlty Towers in the southern Israeli town of Eilat (on the Red Sea). If you could show on your passport that your name was Basil, Polly, Sybil or Manuel - you were allowed to stay free. I used to stay there before going to Egypt to sell suitcases of alcohol. I think it shut down in 1996. It wasn't too awful and the manager wasn't very tall.

I was working in Prague, just after it opened up and before it was a stag destination.
w were meant to be at the best hotel - but it wasa shambles.
The rooms were all mixed up the lifts were on the blink and the kitchen had to close 'cos it was on fire.
As we were standing about in reception waiting to sort things out 4 old blokes turn up and set up music stands in the foyer.
It's a string quartet, booked to give the placea bit of class.
They start playing - the theme tune to Fawlty Towers.
they can't have known what they were playing and were a tad confused by the laughter

I think one sign is possibly having a tattoo of Tony Hancock on your brain.

That's the last time I get drunk on the beer and that.

Another sign is that your username is an obscure line from Blackadder III...

Another sign is pointing out that the correct title is actually Blackadder The Third...

A further sign is pointing out that it says Blackadder III on the remastered box set...

The old one got the titles wrong as well. Must find the new for cheapo.

But the final sign is actually getting out that DVD, watching some of it, taking a screen shot and uploading it as confirmation. ;)

Laughing out loud

... That's actually probably 'Black Adder' as two separate words as well, actually. Hm.

Quote: Aaron @ November 6 2009, 11:43 PM GMT

That line's actually incorrect. >_<

The amount of people who because I like Dad's Army have quoted that line to me like that is quite high, it is a bit annoying.

Quote: fred bloggs @ November 6 2009, 7:55 PM GMT

20 signs you've watched too many British sitcoms growing up!

3) This time next year, you'll be a millionaire.
4) You say "I'm free" whenever anyone asks if you are available.
9) You've always thought that you are more like Terry Collier than Bob Ferris.
10) You wonder what Tristram Fourmile is doing now.
14) You maintain that Foggy was the definitive third man.
17) You wanted Terry & June to adopt you?
18) Your political activism is confined to applying to join the Tooting Popular Front.
19) Your school memories are confused with Fenn Street school.
20) You stay awake at night wondering why Stan from On The Buses still lives with his mother.

3) I doubt it, the Conservatives will be in next year
4) I have occasionally done this
9) No, the opposite. My friend's like Collier, always getting me out when I want a quiet weekend in and ruining my chances with women on numerious occasions
10) Is that him from George and Mildred? Not really thought it up
14) He quite definetly is though isn't he
17) No, my Mum and Dad are awesome thanks. And I don't want to live in constant fear in case the boss accidently turned up for dinner
18) When trying to stop a Tesco being built in my village, Wolfie Smith was in the back of the mind
20) Thank God it's not just me.