Who said "ok, ya"?

I am trying to remember the title of a comedy that I think involved students at some kind of night school, and the teacher (female) was always saying "ok ya", very yuppy type character.

Hullo. And it sounds like a Harry Enfield character from Harry Enfield and Friends.

It was a Tracey Ullmann character. :)

Think it also sounds possibly like Louise, who ran the divorcee support group in Dear John... (UK version).

Welcome to the BCG. Wave

Oh yeah, it might be them to. I didn't read the "female character" bit first time round. :$

Tim is right I think. It was Dear John....

Or was it Mind Your Langauge? That was in a night school, but I can't really remember any of the characters, mainly because it was crap.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ November 4 2009, 3:05 PM GMT

Or was it Mind Your Langauge? That was in a night school, but I can't really remember any of the characters, mainly because it was crap.

Well, there was the Indian one, the French bird, the Chinese one...ooh, I see what you mean!

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 4 2009, 10:25 AM GMT

Think it also sounds possibly like Louise, who ran the divorcee support group in Dear John... (UK version).

Yeah, that's what I remembered it as.

Dan

I think the receptionist Felicity in Dont Wait Up used it a lot.

Yes it was a Tracy Ullmann character from 'Three Of A Kind' - was then adopted as a Sloane Ranger phrase. The original writer was a bloke called Bob Sinfield. Also used to write for Rory Bremner and many others, and was also, I think, a Radio 2 DJ.

It struck me as Dear John as well, she also ofthen asked if it: 'was a problem of a sexual nature?'