Grandma's House - Series 1 Page 8

22m: Clive is well written and performed. The mother is a bit one noted - and it's not a note I'd want to hear for a long time.

23m: Is CLive Jewish?

24m: Amstell needs to Own It more.

Live CHat: 'Amstell hits stride later ep, much quasi'

Quote: jim field @ August 9 2010, 10:14 PM BST

13m: Interesting choice of cum-shots on Amstell. Was told about this. It is interesting. For sure.

I hope it's on iPlayer.

25m: Nice interchange with the Nanna. That worked.

Live CHat: 'Chat with the Nan WORKED. A lot of people talking right now'

26m: Nice raisin line.

27m: Amstell bosses the scene for the first time.

28m: Michael Cera-esque

29m: Excellent 'Dame Edna' reference.

Okay I'll be summing up in a minute, I need to hit the toilet and grab another Imported Lager.

I really enjoyed that.
Very good.

This sitcom is so outdated and irrelevant it's untrue - and he's supposed to be a cutting edge comedian! Is the premise for this show that he leaves Buzzcocks because he didn't like saying mean thisngs about easy targets in the REAL pop world - so that he can make a FICTIONAL old, middle class man the butt of even more mainstream jokes? You'd have to laugh at Mitchell and Webb's sketch show to find this funny!

Pretty good stuff. Struck me just how good Hutchings was.

It was okay, I enjoyed it. Some funny lines here and there, quite a slow-burning sitcom really.

I did get the impression that most of the funnier lines would have been more at home in Buzzcocks though. Still a great shame that he left that show.

I liked it too. Plenty of funny dialogue. The setup and execution is very similar to The Royle Family though. You'd have to be mad to say otherwise.

Sorry, I was caught on the toilet.

Sure, this was not perfect - BY ANY MEANS.

It was ultimately, TOP LEVEL CONTENT with a remit to RUN.

This will get better (I can personally vouch for that), and you'll see Amstell grow - literally.

I really enjoyed it, despite Amstel's terrible terrible TERRIBLE acting. It's well written and flows well.

Aw, I like his acting.
It is similar to the Royle Family, but a lot less static.

Am I remembering incorrectly or is the guy who plays Jim Field the same person who plays Alfred J Kipper? I seem to recall one of the mods declaring it a while back.

plenty of funny dialogue?

Mum: (to teen) Don't say shush I told you not to say shush!

Teen: OK I'll ....

Simon: Oh would you just shush!

Are these the joke that didn't quite make it on to c-bebbies

or are you sat at home thinking.......'I was wetting myself ... If he doesn't get a BAFTA I'll be amazed.'

Quote: zooo @ August 9 2010, 10:35 PM BST

Aw, I like his acting.
It is similar to the Royle Family, but a lot less static.

I like Simon a lot, but I will not accept that he can act! I can see how his style can be compared to to Royle Family, but his acting quality is poor. He delivered everything with a permanent smirk like he was seconds away from a giggle fit. I image this'll get better through the series as he settles into it.

I think that's probably just how he talks in real life!
He's no DeNiro, obviously, but I do enjoy the way he's doing it.