Grandma's House - Series 1 Page 2

But she is the lead in Spaced, is what I'm trying to point out. :)

Quote: Roodeye @ October 24 2009, 4:38 PM BST

She's a perfectly decent supporting actress for comedy but, for a number of reasons, I wouldn't cast her in a lead role in a sitcom.

So what did you make of Spaced (that she co-wrote)? What female leads in sitcoms do you like?

Quote: Roodeye @ October 24 2009, 4:25 PM BST

I have no objection to funny people being given their own sitcoms. What makes me want to puke is people like Jessica Stevenson (According to Bex) getting their own sitcoms.

Now, that is just talking the pee. Cool

What are you talking about? She co-wrote and co-starred in 'Spaced', one of the greatest sicoms of all time, and she was brilliant in it.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 24 2009, 4:39 PM BST

So what did you make of Spaced (that she co-wrote)? What female leads in sitcoms do you like?

Taking that as a sub-thread I like Sharon Horgan as a female lead, Jane Horrocks I think should be a female lead more rather than a side character, I liked that woman in Gimmeex3 but possibly my favourite yet is the star of Love Soup. (God my memory for names is getting worse.)

Quote: Roodeye @ October 24 2009, 5:00 PM BST

I don't like 'Spaced' because I'm not entertained by either Jessica Stevenson or Simon Pegg in a leading role.

Ah, fair enough then (although I disagree). I thought you just weren't acknowledging it even existed. :)

Spaced is poo. Steve... Hynes (?) is alright, but Pegg is tiresome. The show is just unfunny.

And this is way off-topic. Let's get back to Grandma's House now please.

Quote: Aaron @ October 24 2009, 11:17 PM BST

Spaced is poo. Steve... Hynes (?) is alright, but Pegg is tiresome. The show is just unfunny.

And this is way off-topic. Let's get back to Grandma's House now please.

Laughing out loud
Aaron you are the man! (my comments on your comments can't be off topic are they)

He is cheeky isn't he.

Simon Amstell - he's Jewish and, in comedy, that's half the battle.

Quote: Roodeye @ October 25 2009, 12:52 AM BST

Simon Amstell - he's Jewish and, in comedy, that's half the battle.

And he's not James Corden, so nearly there...

Just saw the trailer, it looked alright.

Good cast. Rebecca Front and somebody else from Thick Of It.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 2 2010, 10:02 PM BST

Just saw the trailer, it looked alright.

There's a longer clip of the show here if you're interested: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/grandmas_house/videos/

I am, I'll check it out later thanks.

I know nothing about the show and I'm on the fence as far as Amstell but that is one seriously awful title.