The Thick Of It - Series 3 Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ October 10 2009, 11:13 AM BST

Ah, no, the Press Office have updated their page - it is 8 episodes after all.

Yay! Woohoo!

Dan

So when's Langham coming back? Whistling nnocently

EDIT: Ahh just seen the other thread on this show. Didn't Paul Whitehouse testify that there was no reason to be researching that stuff for their show?

Oh let's not go down that road again pleeeeeeeeeeeeease? :)

All our opinions on the matter can be found on old threads.

Yay! So glad that it's 8 episodes.

And I think Rebecca Front will be fine playing a minister, she has a great range and has been in tons of different programmes; in silly roles and serious roles. Just look at all the different characters she played in Knowing Me Knowing You!

Preview of the new series - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1N6mGk3ec8

PS: how do I embed this link?

Surely this is series 2? My DVD, which comprises the first six episodes, is called "The Complete First Series". Then we had the Christmas specials. Then the offshoot movie. Now we're getting the complete second series?

Don't start Aaron off. I (and Armando!) agree with you.

Dan

Does the jittery camera not bother anyone else? Do I just have a girly weak stomach?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 12 2009, 12:18 PM BST

Does the jittery camera not bother anyone else? Do I just have a giry weak stomach?

That's odd. It doesn't seem to affect me and I suffer with really bad motion sickness elsewhere.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 12 2009, 12:18 PM BST

Does the jittery camera not bother anyone else? Do I just have a giry weak stomach?

On the DVD there will be an extra so you can watch it from a studio-based static camera setup, with canned laughter added and people smiling and putting both thumbs up at the camera so you know where the jokes are.

Will that do?

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ October 12 2009, 12:26 PM BST

On the DVD there will be an extra so you can watch it from a studio-based static camera setup, with canned laughter added and people smiling and putting both thumbs up at the camera so you know where the jokes are.

Will that do?

Dan

Smart arse. Unimpressed

Ah, I love you really ;)

Dan

Quote: chipolata @ October 12 2009, 11:27 AM BST

Surely this is series 2? My DVD, which comprises the first six episodes, is called "The Complete First Series". Then we had the Christmas specials. Then the offshoot movie. Now we're getting the complete second series?

What's released as the "first series" were broadcast and marketed as two separate series a number of months apart. The BBC's Press Office website still lists that second run as a second series - and I could be wrong, but I think that the second batch were only commissioned and filmed (and written?) after the first had aired.

We'll see what happens with this new lot and how insistent the BBC are on marketing it as 2 or 3, but as far as (most) viewers are concerned, they were separate. How many other shows do you know that had a 3 month break in the middle of one series?

Quote: Aaron @ October 12 2009, 7:42 PM BST

How many other shows do you know that had a 3 month break in the middle of one series?

Series 2 of Fawlty Towers headed that way. (Unintentionally, of course.) :)

Quote: Aaron @ October 12 2009, 7:42 PM BST

How many other shows do you know that had a 3 month break in the middle of one series?

Lost.

But yeah, I do agree, this is technically Series 3 of The Thick of It.