A funny rape story? Page 9

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 7 2009, 8:54 PM BST

Did anybody actually use that language in this thread? If so I missed it.

Not quite, but I think there was some assumptions like this:

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 7 2009, 3:19 PM BST

No, now you are confusing the argument. She was in Ibiza looking for some holiday shagging and decided to sleep with someone who looked like Twin A - I doubt there was any serious emotional connection otherwise she would have spotted the difference between Twin A and Twin B straight away.

Let's face it though, if it was revealed that it was two identical women who played the trick on the bloke. He and all of his friends would laugh and jeer and find it hilarious. It would be a great anecdote for years.

But with a female, it's rape. Which in this case, it is.

It's always the fat ugly ones who are claiming rape nowadays anyway, timewasters. They just want to feel loved.

Good point, Dolly.

Renegade Carpark? Carpark Rapist more like!

:D

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 7 2009, 9:02 PM BST

Good point, Dolly.

Laughing out loud (feels wrong laughing on this thread)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 7 2009, 9:00 PM BST

Not quite, but I think there was some assumptions like this:

RC was not characterising the woman involved as a "slag" or "type" of girl though, he was only suggesting why the woman didn't notice any difference between the two - i.e. there couldn't have been an emotional bond or knowledge of their personality etc. It's nothing like saying "She was up for it, she asked for it", nothing at all. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 7 2009, 9:05 PM BST

RC was not characterising the woman involved as a "slag" or "type" of girl though, he was only suggesting why the woman didn't notice any difference between the two - i.e. there couldn't have been an emotional bond or knowledge of their personality etc. It's nothing like saying "She was up for it, she asked for it", nothing at all. :)

Thank you Tim, that is exactly what I meant.

As for young British women on holiday in Ibiza or similar climes, I would never besmirch their almost virginal image and spotless reputation. Of course, talk to any holiday rep, barman or waiter in those towns and they might have a different point of view. ;)

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 7 2009, 9:02 PM BST

Good point, Dolly.

That Carpark was asking for it, the dirty bitch...and she loved it.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 7 2009, 9:34 PM BST

As for young British women on holiday in Ibiza or similar climes, I would never besmirch their almost virginal image and spotless reputation. Of course, talk to any holiday rep, barman or waiter in those towns and they might have a different point of view. ;)

Or bellboy, deck-chair rental guy, toilet attendant, beggar, beach donkey...

It doesn't matter if the woman was thought of as a "slapper" or a "good girl". A woman can have sex with as many men as she chooses. As long as she gives her consent(and the man also), if she doesn't then I would think it is rape.

Unfortunately, with all the boozing on a night out and scrambled brains as a result, it would be just as easy for a man to say that a woman had consented, when in fact she was too drunk to know what was going on.

In this case, if the woman wasn't heavily under the influence of alcohol, or something, I am not sure how she didn't know the other twin had taken over, so to speak.

And to have it announced to the crowd, well, that is hideous beyond belief. How humiliating for her.

Anyway, just my 2cents worth. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 7 2009, 9:05 PM BST

No, but he said she was on a 'shagging holiday'. We don't know that at all. She might have actually thought she'd met someone she really liked and who liked her. There's lots of things we don't know about the woman and so it's an assumption that she must be on holiday to sleep with as many men as possible.

Quote: Linda La Hughes @ October 7 2009, 9:47 PM BST

It doesn't matter if the woman was thought of as a "slapper" or a "good girl". A woman can have sex with as many men as she chooses. As long as she gives her consent(and the man also), if she doesn't then I would think it is rape.

I don't think you'll find much dissent on this thread Linda.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 7 2009, 9:54 PM BST

No, but he said she was on a 'shagging holiday'. We don't know that at all. She might have actually thought she'd met someone she really liked and who liked her. There's lots of things we don't know about the woman and so it's an assumption that she must be on holiday to sleep with as many men as possible.

Yes, it was an assumption that she went to Ibiza on holiday to go to nightclubs and to shag. I made this assumption from Leevil's statement that she went to nightclubs and shagged one (or both) of the twins.

How could I arrive at such a scurilous appraisal of the situation? Because Victorian virgins practicing for the nunnery don't go to Ibiza on holiday and have sex with men.

Come on Dollykins, I'm all for equality and romance but you're venturing into the realms of high fantasy.

*checks Fantasy List*

*changes conjoined to concurrent*

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 7 2009, 9:37 PM BST

Or bellboy, deck-chair rental guy, toilet attendant, beggar, beach donkey...

Since I left school, I've been all of the above, except of course a beach donkey; the only similarity there is the size of my penis.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 7 2009, 9:56 PM BST

I don't think you'll find much dissent on this thread Linda.

Excellent. I always think of Mr Burns when I use that word.

I wish I had the clip. I can't even find pictures of the two in question. Am I in any legal danger? I don't think I applied anything that wasn't said.