If you could change one thing... Page 5

Here, here, Ellie. I have been qualified for 12 years and still can't afford that solid gold stethoscope. Angry

Laughing out loud

Quote: Marc P @ September 29 2009, 8:27 AM BST

Yeah that does look intersting, I'll probably wait until Christmas and go the whole hog but I will look into this fellow a boit more closely, I have a fairish monitor/tv anyway if that's all you get extra for spending more. Not too fussed about webcam, and will need to get word processing software anyway. So cheers, food for thought.

I think the Mac Mini I'm using now is from about 2006. Nothing has gone wrong with it yet, and it's as fast as ever and this is the older first edition version. It's about the size of 4 stacked DVD cases and is as quiet as, as quiet is. It can run multiple programs without hesitation and as DaButt mentioned, makes a great media server too. The one I linked would be more powerful, so even more points towards it.

If you like stuff simplified, for example drag and drop program installations or fast file searching. Then thee Mac is for you.

If you want an awkward system, that enjoys crashing and whores about collecting viruses stay with Windows. ;)

Quote: Leevil @ September 29 2009, 12:28 PM BST

I think the Mac Mini I'm using now is from about 2006. Nothing has gone wrong with it yet, and it's as fast as ever and this is the older first edition version. It's about the size of 4 stacked DVD cases and is as quiet as, as quiet is. It can run multiple programs without hesitation and as DaButt mentioned, makes a great media server too. The one I linked would be more powerful, so even more points towards it.

If you like stuff simplified, for example drag and drop program installations or fast file searching. Then thee Mac is for you.

If you want an awkward system, that enjoys crashing and whores about collecting viruses stay with Windows. ;)

Lol

there is a more poweful mini as well I see for a couple of hundred extra, hmmm.

Quote: swerytd @ September 28 2009, 10:42 AM BST

The Working Week. Working five days a week, 9am-5pm is completely unnecessary.

I prefer the 4x4 policy: 4 hours a day, 4 days a week!

Dan

That's what I do.

Quote: Chappers @ September 29 2009, 11:16 PM BST

That's what I do.

That's a workaholic in my book! :D

Quote: Marc P @ September 30 2009, 8:14 AM BST

Oh yes, Marc, your book, thought it had been a while. Rolling eyes

How's the sales going?

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 30 2009, 10:25 AM BST

Oh yes, Marc, your book, thought it had been a while. Rolling eyes

How's the sales going?

Lol. Not too bad I think.

Quote: Marc P @ September 30 2009, 8:14 AM BST

Going back to the original question, the one thing most people should change is the amount of work they do, if they are workaholics. We all know that working too hard can damage your health, so it makes sense to avoid it. Some people work hard to get a pension, but perhaps they are shortening their lives by doing that work. No point in having a pension if it kills you.

If you could guarantee an extra year of life in exchange for earning less cash, how much less would you accept?

Quote: Nogget @ September 30 2009, 11:37 AM BST

Going back to the original question, the one thing most people should change is the amount of work they do, if they are workaholics. We all know that working too hard can damage your health, so it makes sense to avoid it. Some people work hard to get a pension, but perhaps they are shortening their lives by doing that work. No point in having a pension if it kills you.

If you could guarantee an extra year of life in exchange for earning less cash, how much less would you accept?

For one year? No changes for me thank you!

Quote: Dr Mato @ September 30 2009, 1:04 PM BST

For one year? No changes for me thank you!

What if you were going to die soon?

Quote: Nogget @ September 30 2009, 1:06 PM BST

What if you were going to die soon?

Well in that case, keep this years cash, I shall live off my savings. :D

Quote: EllieJP @ September 29 2009, 10:57 AM BST

I think I would change the amount footballers are paid to a reasonable amount and have more money spent on providing more help with the NHS and paying the staff better.

I read that in The Sun today... And yesterday, and the day before that :D

I also wish to be smarter.

I wish I could sit and talk about smart stuff sometimes.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ September 30 2009, 1:54 PM BST

I also wish to be smarter.

Dressed or mentally? :)