What's your favourite sitcom episode? Page 2

If I can include The Simpsons in this, I'll say Homer The Heretic. If I can't, then I'll have to get back to you.

'The Cannibals Next Door' (Christmas Special)

When Mr & Mrs Cannibal stab Santa Claus and roast him on a spit.

'The Desperate Hours' either the Steptoe episode with Leonard Rossiter and JG Devlin as escaped convicts, or the Porridge Christmas special with Dudley Sutton holding Fletcher, Godber and Barrowclough hostage. Or f**k it, any episode of Porridge.

Quote: catskillz @ September 25 2009, 3:06 AM BST

The Alan Partridge episode with the crazed fan probably made me laugh the most. The idea has been done a handful of times on other shows since then, but Partridge was the original and the best.

Brilliant epsiode but not quite the original if you've seen Sorcese's painful King of Comedy about obsessive fandom and delusional desperatin to be famous; a painful early piece of cringe comedy that bombed when it opened but has improved with age and is one of DeNiro's finest performances.

Dad's Army - Operation Kilt

The episode of The Larry Sanders Show where Hank's sex tape gets stolen. A genius episode. As is probably the best episode of The Simpsons - 'Homer Badman' - where Homer is accused of grabbing the babysitter's ass. :)

This side of the pond, agree about Steptoe & Son - 'The Desperate Hours'. Plus series 1, episode 5 of The Office - the training day. Fawlty Towers - 'The Psychiatrist' and Hancock's Half Hour - 'Twelve Angry Men' - which I think is the best half-hour of comedy Galton & Simpson ever wrote. :)

Oh, and I will happily watch any episode of Sorry!, which is hilarious in my opinion. Ronnie Corbett at his finest.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 25 2009, 2:20 PM BST

This side of the pond, agree about Steptoe & Son - 'The Desperate Hours'.

I love that episode. That's the one when their freezing right?

I expect that they're cold half of the time. But they were freezing that night, yes.

I tend to like episodes which are so clever and well-executed that they leave me struggling but just succeeding in keeping up. But why would cleverness be funny? Is it because I laugh when I feel clever, and if so, what does it say about me?

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 25 2009, 2:20 PM BST

Oh, and I will happily watch any episode of Sorry!, which is hilarious in my opinion. Ronnie Corbett at his finest.

But would you rate it as a classic, out of interest. I like it but can't really find many laughs in it.

Also, have many people ever shouted 'language Timothy' at you.

Quote: Aaron @ September 25 2009, 2:57 PM BST

I expect that they're cold half of the time. But they were freezing that night, yes.

That's one thing you never see in US sitcoms. Absolute poverty. :D

Quote: Curt @ September 25 2009, 3:22 PM BST

That's one thing you never see in US sitcoms. Absolute poverty. :D

It's cos you don't get poverty in America ;)

TOP 3:

1. Only Fools and Horses - The Jolly Boys' Outing
2. One Foot in the Grave - One Foot in the Algarve
3. My Family - Farewell to Alarms

Also, in my top 10 would be the 'Fifteen Minutes' episode of The Green Green Grass. Not a classic, but I love it!

Quote: Curt @ September 25 2009, 2:54 PM BST

I love that episode. That's the one when their freezing right?

Is this where Leonard Rossiter guest stars as the escaped convict?

Quote: youngian @ September 25 2009, 4:55 PM BST

Is this where Leonard Rossiter guest stars as the escaped convict?

Ah yes. I love that episode. TBH, I think that Steptoe is my biggest favourite. ;) As well as OFAH! >_<