What's your favourite sitcom episode?

Any country, any sitcom, what's your favourite episode?

Mine has to be an episode of Dad's Army called Mum's Army.

We see that Capt Mainwaring is, despite the comedy, deeply unhappy in his marriage and would like the opportunity to carry on the relationship with Fiona Grey.

Over to you.

I like Frasier but it's not one of my favourite sitcoms YET I'd have to say my favourite episode of a sitcom is the Frasier episode "Ham Radio". I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at one episode in my life.
With Frasier running about trying to do Foley sound effects and tell his story I remember my stomach hurting from laughing.

A personal favourite that I've watched over and over again would be Black Books "The Grapes of Wrath". I guess I just find frantic people running about funny.

Top 3:

Steptoe and Son. Oh, What a Beautiful Mourning.

Porridge. Disturbing the Peace.

LoG. Royston Vasey and the Monster from Hell

Corner Gas Season 2 "BINGO NIGHT"

Moose TV Episode "SOAP OPERA"

OFAH Season 1 "Go West Young Man"

The Alan Partridge episode with the crazed fan probably made me laugh the most. The idea has been done a handful of times on other shows since then, but Partridge was the original and the best.

Quote: Curt @ September 25 2009, 2:10 AM BST

I like Frasier but it's not one of my favourite sitcoms YET I'd have to say my favourite episode of a sitcom is the Frasier episode "Ham Radio". I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at one episode in my life.
With Frasier running about trying to do Foley sound effects and tell his story I remember my stomach hurting from laughing.

This is my 2nd favourite sitcom episode. Ham Radio is also Kelsey Grammer's favourite episode of Frasier.

Ham Radio is definitely in my top 3 episodes, yes.
The other two would be Amy and Amiability from Blackadder III (or Beer from BA II) and the Compassionate Society from Yes Minister (the one with brand new, fully staffed hospital that has no patients)

Seinfeld 'The Contest'

KRAMER: Hey, Georgie.

JERRY AND ELAINE: Hi.

(George sits down next to Elaine - opposite Kramer)

JERRY: (To George) What's the matter?

GEORGE: (Slowly shakes his head) My mother caught me.

JERRY: "Caught" you? Doing what?

GEORGE: You know. (All three give him blank stares) I was alone..

ELAINE: (Making a face of surprise) You mean..?!

GEORGE: (Nods) Uh-huh.

KRAMER: (Laughing) She caught you?

(Elaine laughs with Kramer)

JERRY: Where?

GEORGE: (Not really wanting to embellish) ..I stopped by the house to drop the car off, and I went inside for a few minutes.. Nobody was there - they're supposed to be working. (Jerry and Elaine look at each other - enjoying the story) My mother had a Glamour magazine, I started leafing through it..

JERRY: "Glamour"?

Why don't we have more of these "favourite sitcom episode" threads?

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 25 2009, 9:24 AM BST

Why don't we have more of these "favourite sitcom episode" threads?

Tim, which is your favourite "favourite sitcom episode" thread?

:D

I'd have to say it's the "favourite Two Pints episode..." thread. Wouldn't ever post in there myself, but it's comforting to know that it exists. The universe would seem unbalanced without it.

A favourite episode of 'Two Pints..'?

No, I'm sorry, that's plain gone and done my head in.

Hard to choose but Me2 from the first series of Red Dwarf has got to be a contender. The two Rimmers arguing, shouting ' shut up you dead git' or calling each other 'Mr. Gazpacho' creases me up every time I watch it.

The second episode of Filthy, Rich & Catflap.

(The one where Richie is blackmailed by The Nolans.)

Either The Royle Family episode where Barbara storms out and they watch Who Wants To Be A Millionaire or the Human Remains wife beating one.