What's your favourite sitcom episode? Page 3

Quote: youngian @ September 25 2009, 4:55 PM BST

Is this where Leonard Rossiter guest stars as the escaped convict?

And complains that conditions were better in prison.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ September 25 2009, 3:17 PM BST

Also, have many people ever shouted 'language Timothy' at you.

Lots and lots did when it was first shown. :(

It's far from being a classic this show. Objectively I couldn't argue the case for it even being that good. But it is my one pet sitcom, where the performances of Ronnie, plus the actors who played Mother & Father, just crack me up. I just love it for reasons I can't fully explain. :)

Quote: youngian @ September 25 2009, 2:04 PM BST

Brilliant epsiode but not quite the original if you've seen Sorcese's painful King of Comedy about obsessive fandom and delusional desperatin to be famous; a painful early piece of cringe comedy that bombed when it opened but has improved with age and is one of DeNiro's finest performances.

Oh yeah! How could I forget?!

Sorry, but Sorry! is difficult to watch.

Quote: Aaron @ September 25 2009, 9:19 PM BST

As I say, I'm not trying to make a case for the show. It's probably only me that loves it. Objectively I can see why people would think it was terrible. It has a sweetness about it though, for me. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 25 2009, 2:20 PM BST

Fawlty Towers - 'The Psychiatrist'

Just watched that instead of a bedtime story with the five year old. She selected that episode herself but I had to spend half the time explaining what a psychiatrist is. Rolling eyes

The Simpsons - You only move twice is superb. Hank Scorpio is a great character.

The League of Gentlemen - toss up between series 2, episode 1 (Papa Lazarou's first appearance) or series 3, episode 1 - (mainly for the scene where Ross takes Pauline from behind)

Quote: Aaron @ September 25 2009, 9:19 PM BST

I liked Sorry. No classic, but very funny.

As Leonard Rossiter has been mentioned on this thread, I've just watched the Rising Damp episode A Night Out and that episode is certainly up there with some of the greatest sitcom episodes.

I liked the Are You Being Served where Mrs. Peacock thinks Mrs. Slocombe is Cpt. Peacock's bit on the side. Was genius!

It's a tough, all the sitcoms I love have that one classic episode that moves everything up to that next level.

The Gay! The Musical episode of IT Crowd is way, way up there for me though.

Top episode.

1 The Psychiatrist - Fawlty Towers - Pure genius that will never be bettered IMO
2 Happy Realse - Porridge - Blanco tells Fletcher about a hidden stash
3 The German parachutist one - Dad's Army - Corporal Jones on the town hall clock
4 The driving instructor one - Some Mothers Do Ave Em - Classic Frank Spencer
5 No Hiding Place - WHT The LIkely Lads - Brilliantly wriiten episode where Terry & Bob have a bet with a mate about the result of an England game
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ September 26 2009, 10:15 AM BST

5 No Hiding Place - WHT The LIkely Lads - Brilliantly wriiten episode where Terry & Bob have a bet with a mate about the result of an England game

Good call - even Ant & Dec failed to totally ruin that script.

Not many calls for Hancock, so I will weigh in with 'The Radio Ham', a stone cold classic.

I find myself wanting to punch his neighbours in the face when I watch that.

Blackadder "Potato" was sublime. Tom Baker as Captain Rum made me do the laughter jizz.