I've just seen... Page 99

Quote: Gavin @ December 22 2010, 12:36 AM GMT

But Sahara is has a special place in hell dedicated to it.

Is it a remake of the Bogart WWII film? The Bogie film was pleasant enough viewing, partly for all of the wartime racial stereotypes.

And partly for a young Lloyd Bridges.

The French film, Baise Moi. A sordid and fairly unpleasant rape-revenge extravaganza. In retrospect, I should have chosen a more Christmassy film.

Every time a bell rings... :O

Quote: chipolata @ December 25 2010, 12:11 AM GMT

The French film, Baise Moi. A sordid and fairly unpleasant rape-revenge extravaganza. In retrospect, I should have chosen a more Christmassy film.

It has blowers though, what's more Christmassy than that? :D

Quote: chipolata @ December 25 2010, 12:11 AM GMT

That reminds me of the time I went to the video shop to catch up on a couple of films that had passed me by and ended up watching the most peculiar double bill I've ever seen in my life - It's a Wonderful Life and Showgirls.

Ahh... The heartwarming tale as old as time, of a person finding redemption at their lowest ebb, realizing their life and work has made a difference in this harsh world, thus regaining their dignity... Followed by Jimmy Stewart meeting a somewhat unconvincing angel.:)

It's only a matter of time until you're on Mock The Week, Tim. As a panellist or topic.

In The Valley Of Ellah. I normally shudder at films about the Iraq war, but this was pretty decent. And Tommy Lee Jones has a fantastic face, like a urine stained mattress you just can't take your eyes off.

Toy Story 3.

Brilliant. Really nice end to the series.

Finally watched Four Lions. I liked it, lots of funny bits, but I'm not sure I'll rush to stick it on again. Bit grim, obviously.

Quote: Gavin @ December 26 2010, 6:11 PM GMT

Toy Story 3.

Brilliant. Really nice end to the series.

I really enjoyed it too. :)

Watched the movie Enchanted for the first time on the Beeb this afternoon. Bought the DVD for my kids last year, but had never seen actually it myself. Very good indeed. A nice idea, well-written and executed. Surprised this didn't get more praise and attention when it first came out (maybe it did but I was too busy writing bile on the BCG about Big Top to notice). Yes, it's a little patchy in places, but overall I thought a really great light-hearted comedy for the whole family, with a few strong comedy ideas. (And Amy Adams, one for the Dads perhaps, but a great lead performance as well.) :)

Tim, you seem in good spirits. Positive reviews for everything. A first?

Quote: Leevil @ December 26 2010, 7:29 PM GMT

Tim, you seem in good spirits. Positive reviews for everything. A first?

I am in pretty good spirits, thank you, Leevil. And belated Happy Christmas to you (and the rest of the BCG) as well! Don't worry, this festive atmosphere won't affect my (lack of) critical faculties for long. For example, I'm looking already looking forward to trashing new sitcom Episodes in 2011. :)

:D