I've just seen... Page 95

Yes, but it was boring (imo), Clive Owen could put me to sleep with his acting.

Clive Owen does Clive Owen well, as Keanu Reeves does Keanu Reeves, well.

I thought Children Of Men was okay. Enjoyable. Nothing particularly special.

Saw Macbeth last night and found it to be a little bit of a curates egg to be honest. I think ole' Shakefists plays lose something when not performed on stage.

Watched the animated Christmas Carol last night - very Christmassy, great animation, very faithful to the original novel. Would've been a 10/10 if it wasn't for Jim Carrey being cast in the lead. He brought nothing to it I thought. Still, great Christmas flick.

Starship Troopers. Lovely bug-killing stuff.

Quote: chipolata @ December 12 2010, 9:27 PM GMT

Children of Men. One of the best sci-fi films of the last ten years.

I enjoyed it, despite Clive Owen's best efforts. Him playing King Arthur was the worst bit of mis-casting I can currently think of.

Quote: Rob H @ December 13 2010, 10:03 PM GMT

I enjoyed it, despite Clive Owen's best efforts. Him playing King Arthur was the worst bit of mis-casting I can currently think of.

I agree about King Arthur but I don't mind The Owen. I liked him in Sin City too.

Quote: chipolata @ December 13 2010, 10:10 PM GMT

I agree about King Arthur but I don't mind The Owen. I liked him in Sin City too.

I've still not seen the end of Sin CIty. My erstwhile girlfriend made me turn it off halfway through. I know everyone who makes sweeping generalisations is a twunt, but it's not really a film for the ladies is it it?

Quote: Rob H @ December 13 2010, 10:13 PM GMT

I've still not seen the end of Sin CIty. My erstwhile girlfriend made me turn it off halfway through. I know everyone who makes sweeping generalisations is a twunt, but it's not really a film for the ladies is it it?

I suppose not. Although I prefer to watch things alone anyway. I can't concentrate with somebody else in the room.

What about the cats?
Obviously not on your lap, but perhaps on another chair...

Quote: zooo @ December 13 2010, 10:55 PM GMT

What about the cats? Obviously not on your lap, but perhaps on another chair...

They can be arse-pains too. I had to feed one midway through Starship Troopers because he didn't fancy the munchies down in the kitchen.

Quote: Rob H @ December 13 2010, 10:13 PM GMT

I love Sin City many times.

I always found it to be a chick flick.

It kinda bored me, but most femmes I know dig it.

...and have in my pocket a 2011 50p piece showing table tennis.

Should this be in circulation yet? If not should heads roll? Let's hope they withdraw it.