I've just seen... Page 93

Quote: scratchyr @ December 6 2010, 10:20 AM GMT

I know it's probably a bit cliche but The Dark Knight does it for me, but then I've always loved Batman comics so bit biased. did quite like Ironman, haven't seen second one yet.

I prefer Tony Stark to Bruce Wayne. But like Batman better then Iron man... LOL!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 6 2010, 10:23 AM GMT

Cliche? It's a great movie.

It's a good movie but I think it's overlong and I'm still not convinced they needed the boat business at the end. You could have lost that and it would have been leaner and meaner.

To me Batman Begins is a far better film, flitting back and forth in time to tell a story. And it had a harder job than the sequel in that it had to introduce us to how Batman came to be and also involve him in an exciting adventure.

Quote: chipolata @ December 6 2010, 10:29 AM GMT

To me Batman Begins is a far better film, flitting back and forth in time to tell a story. And it had a harder job than the sequel in that it had to introduce us to how Batman came to be and also involve him in an exciting adventure.

I'd agree with that.

I like 'em both, but prefer Dark Knight; it's got better baddies.

Quote: chipolata @ December 6 2010, 10:29 AM GMT

It's a good movie but I think it's overlong and I'm still not convinced they needed the boat business at the end. You could have lost that and it would have been leaner and meaner.

Good point, but I really like the end scene between Batman and the Joker swinging upside down.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 6 2010, 10:37 AM GMT

I like 'em both, but prefer Dark Knight; it's got better baddies.

What Stott said.

The Dark Knight is a bit too 'busy', IMO.

Main problem though is the lack of screen time given to the Joker. The film should have focused on him, not Harvey Dent/Two-Face.

Quote: don rushmore @ December 6 2010, 2:52 PM GMT

The Dark Knight is a bit too 'busy', IMO.

Main problem though is the lack of screen time given to the Joker. The film should have focused on him, not Harvey Dent/Two-Face.

I agree. It to much to cram in and really copped out on Two face. Better ending would of been Harvey as he saw his reflection for first time in hospital setting up for the Finale of the Bale/Nolan Batman arc.

Talking of Chris Nolan, watched Inception again last night. A brilliant intelligent blockbuster, although still not sure why people think the end is ambiguous. Seems straight forward enough to me.

It's not! I think me and Dan had three running theories on the end of the movie. I won't go into them for spoiler purposes though!

Just watched Skyline. Wow. What an epic pile of shit. I know the budget was only 10 million dollars but FFS - if you've got 10 million bucks to play with, at least make something interesting and original. Don't create a hybrid of The Matrix, War Of The Worlds, Independance Day, and Day Of The Triffids - minus all the good bits.
I rarely text on my mobile this late at night but I found myself clicking away in the last 20 minutes of this movie, occasionally glancing up at the screen when I heard an explosion.

Impressive effects given the budget but come on. Sci-Fi should always be story first, effects later. Not vice versa.

Shame - the previews looked really exciting.

And the ending - f**k me did they run out of reel or what? Shitus Interruptus. :(

The Dark Knight is basically Heath Ledger as the joker

the rest is shit

rubbish Batman

but Ledger is good enough to swing it

Rewatched Moon last night and noticed that my mate Gavin who did the special effects for Moon plus Missing Scene (the sketch show I made with Ben and Stott) put himself into the movie as a mugshot on a monitor. Apparently he's one of the ominous clean-up guys scheduled to arrive and eliminate Sam Rockwell.

Quote: sootyj @ December 9 2010, 1:35 AM GMT

the rest is shit

You're shit.

Quote: David Bussell @ December 9 2010, 10:40 AM GMT

Rewatched Moon last night and noticed that my mate Gavin who did the special effects for Moon plus Missing Scene (the sketch show I made with Ben and Stott) put himself into the movie as a mugshot on a monitor. Apparently he's one of the ominous clean-up guys scheduled to arrive and eliminate Sam Rockwell.

Heh - cool. I really liked Moon. Good thoughtful sci-fi. The Matt Berry cameo was a bit strange though.