I've just seen... Page 42

Quote: Charley @ July 31 2010, 11:16 PM BST

Laughing out loud

I have just watched Bronson. Tom Hardy who plays him is one of the best actors I have ever seen. Fantastic. The film was very good but a little arty farty in places.

I saw this recently too. I don't think they went in depth with him enough to be honest. Still worth a watch though.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 1 2010, 6:53 PM BST

Like on 30 Rock, any bits they show you from the actual show are always completely awful; though in Rock's case, that's on purpose.

Mind you, the show they're both based on, Saturday Night Live, probably isn't that funny either. On the subject of good shows within shows, the actual Larry Sanders talkshow always looked pretty funny. At least as good as Leno or Conan.

The Business

great 80's soundtrack

21 Grams. I thought it might be depressing and confusing, but it's pretty good. Demands concentration, though.

Vacancy. An efficient little thriller, although it does cop out at the end.

I watched this last night, having had it on Sky+ for about a month:

Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of 'Mork & Mindy'

I used to like Mork and Mindy as a kid and thought it was going to be the usual cheesy biopic. It was actually a very enjoyable 2 hours. The guy playing Robin Williams (Chris Diamantopoulos- Rob Weiss in 24) had him bob-on. It was like watching the man himself. The remade scenes of M&M and Happy Days also brought back great memories. If you see this on again, I would recommend you take a look.

Quote: chipolata @ August 1 2010, 6:39 PM BST

Just watching Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip again. It's seems rather more fun then when I watched it first time. Still preachy, but it's no longer weighed down with expectations. The comedy show bits still aren't funny, though.

Great show that. Axed before its time.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ August 6 2010, 9:50 AM BST

Great show that. Axed before its time.

I like to imagine me and you as Matt and Danny. Walking along a corridor and talking dead fast to each other.

Quote: chipolata @ August 6 2010, 9:57 AM BST

I like to imagine me and you as Matt and Danny. Walking along a corridor and talking dead fast to each other.

Cor yeah! I'd love to talk dead fast going up a corridor. Bagsy I'm the one off West Wing and not the one off Friends.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ August 6 2010, 10:02 AM BST

Cor yeah! I'd love to talk dead fast going up a corridor. Bagsy I'm the one off West Wing and not the one off Friends.

I can live with that! At least I'd have a cool painkiller addiction to impress the ladies with! Oh yes, the laydeez love an recoevering drug addict! Cool

In other "I've just seen..." news, I've just seen the fourth and final season of Prison Break. I rather enjoyed it. It was pretty much a below par 24, but still entertaining. And Teabag was a great character.

Quote: chipolata @ August 6 2010, 10:06 AM BST

In other "I've just seen..." news, I've just seen the fourth and final season of Prison Break. I rather enjoyed it. It was pretty much a below par 24, but still entertaining. And Teabag was a great character.

I'm just watching that on Sky 3. Otherwise that'd be another box set to shell out for.

I enjoyed McVicar last night. Was a lot better than I thought it would be. A little slow paced at times and they could have made the prison part a bit more Scum and a little less Porridge, but still up there with other British films of the era.

Misery. Great film, of course. And I always forget how good the Sheriff is, and how sad it is that he gets blasted with a shotgun (and ironic in that the actor playing him later killed himself with a shotgun, I think).

Quote: chipolata @ August 8 2010, 4:39 PM BST

Misery. Great film, of course. And I always forget how good the Sheriff is, and how sad it is that he gets blasted with a shotgun (and ironic in that the actor playing him later killed himself with a shotgun, I think).

Richard Farnsworth. Yes, he shot himself as he was dying from cancer, and in pain from it all through the filming of The Straight Story for David Lynch. A great film to go out on though . . .

We saw Toy Story 3 yesterday (actually, it was Saturday). Another great outing for Woody and the gang, and more than a little sad.