Recorded For Training Purposes submissions for S4 Page 31

Yacob Wingnut's on there. Well done the Yac!

We had a few things on last night, that's two weeks in a row, very pleased with that.

Quote: andyblacksheep @ July 30 2010, 1:21 PM BST

We had a few things on last night, that's two weeks in a row, very pleased with that.

A few things? I thought you were only allowed to enter two things? Did they change that rule as well or did you sub two things to start off with?

We'd had stuff on series 3, which meant (and this I think was a blanket rule for anyone with stuff in a prior series) we were allowed to submit 3 things rather than two (woo hoo) so we did that, then subsequent to that we were asked to send in more stuff (much bigger woo hoo)

Quote: andyblacksheep @ July 30 2010, 3:11 PM BST

We'd had stuff on series 3, which meant (and this I think was a blanket rule for anyone with stuff in a prior series) we were allowed to submit 3 things rather than two (woo hoo) so we did that, then subsequent to that we were asked to send in more stuff (much bigger woo hoo)

You and your writer partner, you mean?

It's either that, or a few sketches on a radio show makes me deluded enough to use the 'royal we' consistently

;)

Are you Lynes & O'Donoghue or Murtagh & Jones?!

I'm the Jones bit.

Ok, cheers! How do you go about writing sketches in a partnership? Does one have a rough idea for a sketch, you both do drafts and then put them together?

Well done Andyblacksheep. You wrote virtually the whole show!

:D

I've never tried writing for this as I have always been put of by the criteria of modern communication. Having listened to the latest show I am struggling to see where modern communication comes into it. Am I just being thick?

Yep, well done that Andy man! And anyone else who got something accepted.

In the JunkMales we contributed like the Beatles.

Mostly Danny & Mart were like John & Paul (submitting together and doing some co-writing), Dave and Jack were more like George Harrison, working alone.

And I was successful in getting my sketches accepted by the group to the extent that Beatle Stuart Sutcliffe was successful in getting his songs through.

Our 'Yoko Ono' was a butcher from Bournemouth who had some lovely rump, but I have already revealed that elsewhere.

:(

Quote: Griff @ August 1 2010, 2:50 PM BST

Do you not co-write with Bussell and Stott, Ben? Or do you all contribute your own material, like the Beatles?

When we've worked together we always write our own stuff, though we will tweak each others sketches if needed.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 1 2010, 3:05 PM BST

When we've worked together we always write our own stuff, though we will tweak each others nipples if needed.

Unusual, but hey....

Bussell has some mean nips, I recall.

Quote: Will Cam @ August 1 2010, 2:56 PM BST

I've never tried writing for this as I have always been put of by the criteria of modern communication. Having listened to the latest show I am struggling to see where modern communication comes into it. Am I just being thick?

I know exactly what you mean! I get the feeling a lot of it comes under the heading of 'hey, one person is talking to another, that's communication, right?' Maybe the first three series stuck a bit closer to it, but they're the first to point out there's only so many variations on a 'funny sat-nav' to be done!

Having said that, the short bits - tannoy announcements and what have you - are more communication focussed I suppose.

Quote: Ben @ August 1 2010, 2:46 PM BST

Ok, cheers! How do you go about writing sketches in a partnership? Does one have a rough idea for a sketch, you both do drafts and then put them together?

For sketches, usually one of us comes up the the idea, then we improvise it back and forth and knock it into shape, then one of us writes it up (normally we'd be doing more than one at a time so we divvy up who writes up what), then we 'perform' it for ourselves, throwing edits in as we go. Then usually the other guy takes it away and rewrites it, and so on, depending on how much time we have.