David Mitchell - too much of a good thing? Page 2

I like him. Only really watch Peep Show and maybe the odd Celebrity Panel Show where he is a guest, not a "team captain". So I don't feel the overexposure, but I can see what you mean.

Quote: sootyj @ August 12 2009, 11:05 AM BST

He's turning into the test card, albeit an erudite one.

Ha ha. In my opinion there's not enough David Mitchell on TV. Easily the wittest panellist by far, and a good actor to boot.

Quote: Mark @ August 12 2009, 12:09 PM BST

Ha ha. In my opinion there's not enough David Mitchell on TV. Easily the wittest panellist by far, and a good actor to boot.

Agreed.

He seems a likeable enough fella but he does seem to be on everything. But then I thought M&W Look was piss poor so my judgement might be slightly clouded.

I'm the opposite. I can't get enough of him.

Not being able to see everything he's been on, I'm not tired of him. But I can see where anyone who is is coming from. It's like a few years back where Nicolas Cage and Jude Law were in practically every movie that came out one summer over here. I quit movies all together.

Nicolas Cage used to be good. Then he become mainstreamy and weird(er) looking. Although I watched one of those adventure films he did. It wasn't that bad actually. So I'm not sure whether I like him or not? And for that I hate him. :D

Quote: Leevil @ August 12 2009, 2:28 PM BST

Nicolas Cage used to be good. Then he become mainstreamy and weird(er) looking. Although I watched one of those adventure films he did. It wasn't that bad actually. So I'm not sure whether I like him or not? And for that I hate him. :D

Off the top of my head, the last good film he did was Adaptation. Although in the nineties, with stuff like Snake Eyes, Con Air etc, he had a remarkably good run.

Jude Law on the other hand has always been shite, save for The Talented Mr Ripley.

He remade Alfie! (what a nob)

Quote: Jane P @ August 12 2009, 7:38 AM BST

Didn't he and Mr Webb ditch a new sitcom as they decided it wasn't up to scratch? Which I hope shows he's only interested in making TV he's happy with not just making the most of his current popularity.

Yes, they did. https://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/pilots/playing_shop/

Quote: chipolata @ August 12 2009, 2:31 PM BST

Jude Law on the other hand has always been shite, save for The Talented Mr Ripley.

I thought he was pretty good in 'Road To Perdition' and not bad in 'Wilde'.

Yeah, DM tends to be in decent stuff. Although I'm not a fan of Jam & J, but others must be.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ August 12 2009, 3:36 PM BST

Although I'm not a fan of Jam & J, but others must be.

You could say the same about Mein Kampf.

Quote: chipolata @ August 12 2009, 3:39 PM BST

You could say the same about Mein Kampf.

I have many times ;)

I hope that most of you are correct and that I don't tire of him. I used to really like Lenny Henry and Johnny Ross when they first appeared on the scene, but continual over exposure created a diminishing return and now I can't stand their stupid faces.

We shall have to wait and see.