The Office revisited Page 4

Quote: youngian @ September 1 2009, 3:08 PM BST

I liked to his first US film project Ghost World because it wasn't a big shouty big budget comedy in which he made fart gags and had slapstick set pieces with Will Ferrel.

Ghost Town!

Ghost World is an entirely different film with teenage girls in it.

Quote: zooo @ September 1 2009, 3:53 PM BST

teenage girls

You're always trying to lure me into threads, zooo! ;)

You're right it is Ghost Town (although Ghost World is rather good as I remember).
Not sure if Extras was about just about Gervais's muddled psyche but the story of any artist torn between performing worthy material and paying the bills while enjoying the perks of fame.

Quote: chipolata @ September 1 2009, 3:19 PM BST

I think Gervais both likes and loathes being in the public eye, as witnessed by Extras, which was a fascinating insight into his muddled psyche as much as anything.

True. However, I do get the impression that he loves his job, but the part he would give up is the fame. Whereas most other actors etc just love the fame that goes with their job.

Quote: zooo @ September 1 2009, 3:53 PM BST

Ghost Town!

I enjoyed that film. Nothing amazing, but enjoyable, perhaps mainly down to his performance, and the bits and pieces you just know he added.

Yeah I thought GT was good. Ricky himself said it's not laugh out loud, but it was still funny and quite a sweet film, plus made NY look amazing, which it is anyway, but the film really captured that.

Was I the only one to sense a bit of distance between the writers on that special? Gervais seemed to hog the interview a bit and poor old Merchant looked a bit excluded. I thought 'Is this classic partnership beginning to creak?'

???

No. Not at all.
They were just the same as they always are. :)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ September 6 2009, 1:24 AM BST

Gervais seemed to hog the interview bit and poor old Merchant looked a bit excluded. I thought 'Is this classic partnership beginning to creak?'

I think they've always been like that.

I thought Ricky let him talk quite a lot actually!

That Merchant never shuts up!

Steve Merchant's the funny one.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ September 6 2009, 1:24 AM BST

Was I the only one to sense a bit of distance betwenn the writers on that special? Gervais seemed to hog the interview bit and poor old Merchant looked a bit excluded. I thought 'Is this classic partnership beginning to creak?'

They always strike me as quite good pals on the Radio.
If I was Stephen though I'd be a bit pissed off at not getting the recognition he deserves for co writing one of Britain's most successful sitcoms.

He's probably having a beer with Connie Booth as we speak.
Two bitters please barman.

Hehe. I'm sure the money makes him feel a bit better.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 6 2009, 1:29 AM BST

They always strike me as quite good pals on the Radio.
If I was Stephen though I'd be a bit pissed off at not getting the recognition he deserves for co writing one of Britain's most successful sitcoms.

He's probably having a beer with Connie Booth as we speak.
Two bitters please barman.

:D