The Office revisited

Little heads up - The Office (UK) will be re-shown in October with extra footage, according to Ricky Gervais's website.

Extra footage you say? I'm guessing it's just the deleted scenes from the DVDs?

I guess so, they are doing the same thing with 'Extras' at Christmas.

Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant go back to The Office: Ricky Gervais introduces BBC2's upcoming Office retrospective in typically modest style. The channel is airing all six episodes of the first series, along with interviews with the cast and famous fans of the sitcom, from 9pm on 30 August 2009

:D Thanks for that.

Coolio.

Quote: The Cool Mikado @ August 17 2009, 11:00 PM BST

Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant go back to The Office: Ricky Gervais introduces BBC2's upcoming Office retrospective in typically modest style. The channel is airing all six episodes of the first series, along with interviews with the cast and famous fans of the sitcom, from 9pm on 30 August 2009

Oooh, wonderful. A night of self-congratulation and backslapping to hide the fact that the channel's had little of note since this first aired.

Not According To Bex.

Hasn't Gervais learned anything from BBC sit-coms?
Why can't he have David Brent dictating his life story into a microphone, saying 'I remember when…….' and splicing in new and old clips.

I'd have Brent in a coma, and everybody from the Office standing around his bed going, "Remember when he did that mad dance! It was mad!" Then at the end he'd wake up and everybody would be really happy.

Quote: chipolata @ August 18 2009, 10:55 AM BST

I'd have Brent in a coma, and everybody from the Office standing around his bed going, "Remember when he did that mad dance! It was mad!" Then at the end he'd wake up and everybody would be really happy.

Brilliant. Don't give up the day job.

:D

Or the Trail of David Brent in which a private detective breaks into Brent's private draw and pulls out a number of objects such as a red nose and a Tina Turner tape.

I'm looking foward to it - it's not just old 'extras' either.

As Jim says he talks about it on his blog (which I recommend unless you dislike him intensely). There are always lovely pics of animals if nothing else!

"Steve and I recorded a sketch to promote The Office repeats-with-extra-bits show. It's called A Night At The Office by the way. They've done a great job and there're some really funny interviews with people like Hugh Jackman, Matthew Perry and Ben Stiller, plus the cast back together for the first time. And of course me and Steve talking about it all - ten years after the event in some cases. I love doing interviews for this sort of thing with Steve. It's the closest we ever get to being a proper double act and it's never forced. We fall into our roles so naturally. He's the adult with responsibility, I'm the idiot with power. One day we will exploit it I'm sure. When we've lost our looks maybe. (Stares straight at camera...)"

Does this coincide with Gervais having a new film out by any chance? Whistling nnocently

I'd have Brent in a coma, and everybody from the Office standing around his bed going, "Remember when he did that mad dance! It was mad!" .

And inside Brent's head it's all a 1973 Office where has to become a better manager in order to wake up.