The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 578

I thought they said Iran's striker was "The Shagger" but turns out it's Dejagah.

Laughing out loud

Oh dear, the poor Spaniards.

Yes. Great signs for Chelsea. Their new striker can't score a goal and in each game is replaced by their old striker who can't score!

Think I'd rather have Olic.

Quote: Will Cam @ 18th June 2014, 10:32 PM BST

Oh dear, the poor Spaniards.

:) Obviously a decent team with what they achieved but God am I glad they've gone. 6 years of slow tippy tappy tedium felt like 26 years, teams with no forwards, games where the all important pass rate meant we were treated to watching 2 players play ping pong with each other before they even thought of playing passy passy with others, not a single corner taken in the proper way, no crosses, hardly a header on goal, and no pacy one on one attacking runs that I can remember. Truly awful stuff and yet all the presenters were fawning over their brilliant passing. It's all they could do.

Over praised and over coached, when they had finally got sick of their own non football and faced teams who wanted to attack the old fashioned way with wingers and strikers and passion, thank God for the Dutch, they fell apart. This world cup has been a joy now that atrocious style of football is brown bread. I hope no one digs it up again in my lifetime. Wave

Is it hair pulling out time tonight or joyous celebration?

Will he play Rooney (course he will he hasn't the bottle to drop him)
Will Joe Hart save a shot or even be in the right place at the right time?
Will Luis Suarez play and run rings around us?

My prediction: One down within the first 10 minutes ending in a draw. Then all the permutations for the last qualifying match.

I'm fairly confident that our midfield will dominate the game allowing Rooney the chance to snatch a winner.

Kudos to Luis Suarez for doing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVwWCvFCVKo

Dan

Did everyone see Del Bosque trying to get the on the Chile team coach yesterday? Sums up their campaign. I'm still shocked they were the first team out. Still, it's been the best World Cup I can remember in my lifetime, so it all adds to the fun.

It's a darned good world cup. I am making an effort to watch every game because most of them have been absolute crackers. Having said that,the England game is now going to be crap..

Good luck, Three Lions!

Suarez, who else!

See my predictions above - not so very far out (written at half time)

So I'll now take the rest of my predictions and take a draw.

Scrappy! No leadership at all and looking like we'll be lucky to even score now.

Mind you their captain should've been sent off. The same old story. The player who should've gone is the one who either scores a goal or stops us.

Doesn't look good, but we could still salvage a draw.