Back to Class - Thank You For The Music Page 6

Nope what ever you're writing write your best.

I'm trying to be helpful you're fundamental undelying structure in my view doesn't work. I may not be about to write FT2 but I can at least look at how they did things.

I mean there's no real gags in there, neither in the writing nor the structure.

Quote: Timbo @ June 21 2009, 12:31 PM BST

For 14403 posts you have good naturally taken abuse that would have had David Banner nipping into Burtons - I am just intrigued as to what it is about James that has unleashed your inner hulk?

Oh I'm sure James is a lovely person, it's that scriptthat's kinda narking me.
Plus you know put your stuff up for critique and as long as no one's being personally insulting then kinda live with it.

James and Dan - I hope you don't become too depondent - we can be harsh critics. But it wouldn't be any use to you everyone saying they thought it was fantastic if they didn't. I don't think anyone's saying you don't have talent, but that maybe you're not using your full potential yet?

Keep it up and good luck!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 21 2009, 12:33 PM BST

It may be something I've noticed every now and again on here, which is when crit is offered but not accepted, all hell can break loose!

Being too defensive in Critique will induce that response, but on the plus side it does result in far more honest, and therefore ultimately helpful, feedback than if you just lie back and take it.

There is an occaisonal tendency for people to stick scripts up in critique not for the feedback.

Can we have a new thread called "praise" or "veneration."

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 21 2009, 12:33 PM BST

It may be something I've noticed every now and again on here, which is when crit is offered but not accepted, all hell can break loose!

Hmm top 10 BCG causes of arguments.

1 Make jokes about Maddy.
2 Being accused of racism when you're not.
3 Being accused of not being racist when you are...
4 Liking a certain crappy Dr Who.
5 Harsh criticisim in critique.
6 Insulting squirrels.
7 Critiquing squirrels for being racist.

Anyone care to finish the list?

No, I mean sometimes, if the original author just says, 'Hm, I know what you mean but I don't agree' then people start snarking at them. I've seen it happen from time to time. I'm not saying that's really happened too much here, there's been some sound and, in my view, correct crit offered, but it does happen; as if the writer should automatically accept all crit and alter their script accordingly.

Totally, I actually think critique is most useful when people disagree and argue. It forces issues out and stuff.

Quote: sootyj @ June 21 2009, 12:51 PM BST

Totally, I actually think critique is most useful when people disagree and argue. It forces issues out and stuff.

I don't agree. ;)

Your just being argumentative.

Quote: sootyj @ June 21 2009, 12:54 PM BST

Your just being argumentative.

No, I'm not.

:)

I might put money on James making it big - after all, he has generated the biggest number of posts that I think I have ever seen here.

He's just lucky Morrace has gone!

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ June 21 2009, 12:55 PM BST

No, I'm not.

:)

This is just contradiction...

Quote: bigfella @ June 21 2009, 12:56 PM BST

I might put money on James making it big - after all, he has generated the biggest number of posts that I think I have ever seen here.

He's just lucky Morrace has gone!

You've evidently forgotten this ol' gem:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/11804

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ June 21 2009, 12:41 PM BST

James and Dan - I hope you don't become too depondent - we can be harsh critics. But it wouldn't be any use to you everyone saying they thought it was fantastic if they didn't. I don't think anyone's saying you don't have talent, but that maybe you're not using your full potential yet?

Keep it up and good luck!

We have been reading all of the comments and it seems that you feel we have talent but havn't reached our full potential yet. So for those of you feeling that the characters need to interact. you write us a scene with both characters interacting and we will make it??

Hmm a challenge? Why not.

I'll just finish off Anne Frank's Diary 2 the Twitter years and have a go.

Seriously I'll have a pop.

Quote: sootyj @ June 21 2009, 1:10 PM BST

Hmm a challenge? Why not.

I'll just finish off Anne Frank's Diary 2 the Twitter years and have a go.

Seriously I'll have a pop.

Ok well get my email address of of my page, or James' and when you can write it, tell us and we'll get ready to make it.