Absent friends Page 185

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th August 2022, 11:39 PM

There are not many like that in this world now - did he offer also a fish supper to eat in the sidecar, for being nice to him?

He did indeed - he took his teeth out to gum the coley into submission.

?

Whatever happened to Robyn? I forget her username... Didn't she become a teacher?

And what happened to SootyJ? The last time I saw him, he was squirting bottles of mayonnaise into his pockets. Needless to say, he was out of his skull on spirits. And not in a jolly Oliver Reed way.

Quote: Ben @ 21st August 2022, 11:14 PM

And what happened to SootyJ?

He ceased posting on the very day they changed the web site the first time in recent years - when it went ice cream van blue and cream i.e. the change before this last big one we're in now.
There was a lot of moaning about the change of colour scheme (including me), but sootyj simply stopped posting, presumably in protest, as it was too much of a coincidence.

And what happened to SootyJ? The last time I saw him, he was squirting bottles of mayonnaise into his pockets. Needless to say, he was out of his skull on spirits. And not in a jolly Oliver Reed way.

SootyJ became relatively successful st speechwriting and gave up this forum, but is still an active participant on Facebook under his real name.

Quote: billwill @ 22nd August 2022, 1:33 AM

SootyJ became relatively successful st speechwriting and gave up this forum, but is still an active participant on Facebook under his real name.

That's as maybe, but it was noticeable that he stopped posting the day the site was changed.

Quote: Ben @ 21st August 2022, 2:53 PM

Whatever happened to Robyn? I forget her username... Didn't she become a teacher?

You had me guessing there thinking it was Robina, but I think you are thinking of the American girl Davida? She last posted 6 years ago.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/34470/#P1191616

Quote: Ben @ 21st August 2022, 2:53 PM

Whatever happened to Robyn? I forget her username...

Scatterbrained Floozy?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st August 2022, 11:41 PM

There was a lot of moaning about the change of colour scheme (including me), but sootyj simply stopped posting, presumably in protest, as it was too much of a coincidence.

I doubt that was the reason.

He's on FB all the time.
We chat a fair bit - usually about the political shit-show we're being put through at the. moment.
Or TV.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd August 2022, 9:31 AM

You had me guessing there thinking it was Robina, but I think you are thinking of the American girl Davida? She last posted 6 years ago.

No!

Quote: DaButt @ 22nd August 2022, 1:32 PM

Scatterbrained Floozy?

Yes!

Quote: DaButt @ 22nd August 2022, 1:32 PM

I doubt that was the reason.

Then it was a bloody great coincidence.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd August 2022, 2:55 PM

Then it was a bloody great coincidence.

It probably was. If you're friends with him on Facebook, ask him. I'd do it myself, but I killed my account a few years ago. My kids tell me he still posts there, which makes me happy.

Quote: DaButt @ 22nd August 2022, 3:08 PM

It probably was. .

After over 8 years and 51,000 posts, I would say that is a bloody amazing "probably was" coincidence.

Quote: Ben @ 22nd August 2022, 2:08 PM

No!

Alright. No need to shout, I was only trying to help.