Absent friends Page 186

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd August 2022, 3:34 PM

After over 8 years and 51,000 posts, I would say that is a bloody amazing "probably was" coincidence.

People walk away from forums and other forms of social media all the time, but I've never heard of someone leaving in a huff due to a change in a color scheme. He's a good guy, and something that petty (and weird) would seem out of character for him.

You'd have thought if that was his reason, he'd have mentioned it, like many did, in the ten-page thread dedicated to it.

I think some users may have dropped off after a recent change (a few months back) as the forum was offline for a couple of months. Might have stopped checking and thinking the forum is still down?

I checked back like every week or 2 and suddenly the forums were going again one visit.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd August 2022, 4:38 PM

Alright. No need to shout, I was only trying to help.

Sorry, mate, didn't realise you had your ear trumpet in!

Quote: Ben @ 24th August 2022, 11:40 PM

Sorry, mate, didn't realise you had your ear trumpet in!

That would be funny , if it wasn't for the fact that I have now gone deaf in my left ear, which with my near blind left eye, now gives me a set.

Not to make light of your afflictions but I can be deaf in both ears when I need to be.

So you don't want approaching by the left.

No, 'cos I'll just lash out in defence ?

I don't think SootyJ's departure was related to a change in style of the forum, many of the so-called Clique departed at about the same time. They (including me) used to meet occasionally at a pub, but the Covid Lockdowns seem to have clobbered that. Not helped by the totally unexpected death of Renegade Car Park,on a day just before one such pub meeting.

I think it more likely that Sooty just got bored with the discussions here and as I said before he was getting more jobs to do such as scripting wedding speeches etc so was busier and had less time to spend here. Getting more freelance work, was also the reason for several others of the 'clique' leaving this forum or much reducing their postings.

I last met Sooty physically about 2 years ago at a memorial party for RCP, thrown by RCP's family.

Whatever happened to Davida? Who last posted over 5 years ago, and was a regular from over the pond. I hope she is OK.......................

Is Hercules Grytpype Thynne Ok?
He doesn't seem to have posted in a while

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 11th January 2024, 1:22 AM

Is Hercules Grytpype Thynne Ok?
He doesn't seem to have posted in a while

Yes, I'd noticed that. But I checked that he'd entered his super6 selections last weekend so maybe he's just taking a sabbatical. We'll be able to see whether there are any updates to his fantasy football team this week too.

The question of the absence of Hercules Grytpype Thynne was raised above back in January and, as I stated, he is still participating in the Super6 (and the Fantasy Football) & so is presumably ok.

A less easy to resolve conundrum is the continuing absence of Chappers since 4 January (especially following Sutton's victory at Notts County tonight).

Has he noted how many weeks I've missed
And how impressive my league position is despite this? that is the question

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th February 2024, 10:26 PM

The question of the absence of Hercules Grytpype Thynne was raised above back in January and, as I stated, he is still participating in the Super6 (and the Fantasy Football) & so is presumably ok.

A less easy to resolve conundrum is the continuing absence of Chappers since 4 January (especially following Sutton's victory at Notts County tonight).

Well, we have Herc back now. But still no Chappers. Anybody?