The Book Group Page 3

I remember watching most of the 1st series back when it was broadcast, I recall quite enjoying much of what I did see. It's a pretty unique show and had an edge I like. How did the show progress? Is it shown on any UK channel now? Anything show/sitcom with Michelle Gomez in it will at least have some merit, great actress ad of course well worth one too. :)

Quote: Jackson Neil @ June 19 2009, 12:01 PM BST

Is it shown on any UK channel now?

No.

Quote: Jackson Neil @ June 19 2009, 12:01 PM BST

Anything show/sitcom with Michelle Gomez in it will at least have some merit, great actress ad of course well worth one too. :)

Agreed!

Quote: Griff @ June 18 2009, 9:46 PM BST

Festival is a great film.

I couldn't get into it. Anybody know what the woman who made it is up top nowadays? Seems to have gone quiet of late.

Quote: chipolata @ June 25 2009, 1:45 PM BST

I couldn't get into it. Anybody know what the woman who made it is up top nowadays? Seems to have gone quiet of late.

She probably spends all day on here. In fact, I could be her, for all you know.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 25 2009, 1:47 PM BST

She probably spends all day on here.

What sort of a loser is going to spend all day on here?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 25 2009, 1:47 PM BST

In fact, I could be her, for all you know.

Your posts drip testosterone. There's no way you're female.

Quote: chipolata @ June 25 2009, 1:49 PM BST

Your posts drip testosterone. There's no way you're female.

You're quite right, actually. I am an uber-lad. Now let's f**kin have iiiiit. Large.

He's Danny Dyer, for all we know...

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ June 25 2009, 1:54 PM BST

He's Danny Dyer, for all we know...

Dan

I could be, but then I'd more likely be off making some piss poor low budget British film. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Quote: chipolata @ June 25 2009, 1:45 PM BST

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1217078/

Which was on BBC Four.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ June 25 2009, 4:28 PM BST

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1217078/

Which was on BBC Four.

I think it's a shame that it wasn't made into a full series as it showed so much promise. Loved Festival was such a treat to see a British movie trying something new. Only grumble is that the film would have worked better with a few less characters. In regard to The Book Group I still think it's one of the best programmes of this decade. Really wickedly funny and dry, but at the same time very truthful. Annie Griffin's strength is definitely writing complex and real characters.

Just found out some interesting news... Annie Griffin is writing a script for a USA version of The Book Group for NBC with celebrated director/producer Thomas Schlamme over seeing. I wonder if she'll get to make an actual pilot?

Quote: Jackson Neil @ June 19 2009, 11:01 AM GMT

Anything show/sitcom with Michelle Gomez in it will at least have some merit, great actress ad of course well worth one too. :)

I thought the same until I watched a couple of episodes of "Feel the Force" which was absolute pish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feel_the_Force

I should have a look at this show, because I want to see more of Michelle Gomez who really impressed me with her performance in Green Wing. :) The Book Group sounds like a good show, anyway.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 13 2009, 3:14 PM GMT

Hello Adrian, I don't think it's underrated, it's just not as good as those two. :)

It was just a pleasantly eccentric show, with it's own sense of pace.

It was funny, if rarely laugh out loud funny.