The Weather Page 49

I should be in Berlin but the weather in Europe buggered that up. Waited three hours in airport to find out we were going nowhere. Luckier than some though. Sat with friend in Hereford instead. On the up side they do have walls also.

Hug

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ December 21 2009, 9:33 PM GMT

Hug

You're too kind. Right back at ya Hug

Just TWO inches of snow (maybe just ONE) and Muswell Hill has slithered to a halt. I had gone up to the shopping streets at the top of the hill, but when I was due to come back, the roundabout was totally gridlocked and no buses were getting through. So I had a meal there & then walked home down the hill.

Part way down a bus had stopped fairly tight against a parked lorry. Some cars were slowly getting past but then a lorry carrying a Skip was too wide to get past the bus, s I reckon that is now that is probably still jammed up an hour or so later.

Meanwhile down near my house, cars were slithering about trying to get up the hill. A whole row of cars are 'abandoned' on or against the kerb. One is blocking my drive (but I've no plans to go out again) and now a huge FedEX lorry has got stuck outside my neighbours.

=====

Ho Ho Ho. We can't cope with an inch of snow. There are NO gritting supplies by the roadside any more; I've not seen such bins for many many years.

Merry Christmas.
Bill

This country can't handle snow. Three hours I was on a bus for the other day because of it. If we invested as much money on gritters and snow ploughs as we do on single teenage parents, then things would be a lot better. It was a good job Hitler didn't use snow, otherwise we would have been f**ked.

*doesn't want to get stuck in Peterborough on his way home on Christmas Eve, the horror, the horror!*

Quote: billwill @ December 21 2009, 10:01 PM GMT

Just TWO inches of snow (maybe just ONE) and Muswell Hill has slithered to a halt.

:O Muswell Hill!?

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ December 21 2009, 10:11 PM GMT

:O Muswell Hill!?

Aye, I think you are not far from me.

Indeed I am not. Pleased

Quote: billwill @ December 21 2009, 10:01 PM GMT

There are NO gritting supplies by the roadside any more; I've not seen such bins for many many years.

I saw a number yesterday.

Stuck on bus for 2.5 hours very cold and miserable.
Is there an emergency service that provides soup?

Quote: Jack Massey @ December 21 2009, 10:05 PM GMT

If we invested as much money on gritters and snow ploughs as we do on single teenage parents, then things would be a lot better it'd be even more of a total bloody waste of money.

Quote: Leevil @ December 21 2009, 10:07 PM GMT

*doesn't want to get stuck in Peterborough on his way home on Christmas Eve, the horror, the horror!*

Best set off now then.

It was barely above freezing back in San Antonio this morning, but now it's actually 7 degrees warmer there than it is here in south Florida.

People in Florida bundle themselves up against "the cold" as soon as the temperatures drop below 70F/20C.

I saw a gritting bin earlier. Is it a crime to go help yourself?

Probably. But you've already paid for it in your taxes.