The Weather Page 36

It's been pissing down in WC2 and I'm loooovin' it!

Apart from boots leaking. A new pair of Doc's will hopefully remedy that.

Quote: Aaron @ November 13 2009, 2:02 PM GMT

We're caught in the gulf stream, so it is often warmer here; the lack of snow is proof of that. I'd like a Victorian mini-ice age to return please.

There was a Victorian ice age??

Quote: Moonstone @ November 13 2009, 3:13 PM GMT

There was a Victorian ice age??

Yes, there was a mini-ice age through much of the 19th Century, and I think early 20th. That's how we get all the stereotypical picture postcard images of children skating on frozen over rivers and lakes, and hamlets in massive snowdrifts, whilst we're lucky if any snow settles at all in much of the country now.

I want to go to there!

:D

Quote: Aaron @ November 13 2009, 8:35 PM GMT

Yes, there was a mini-ice age through much of the 19th Century, and I think early 20th. That's how we get all the stereotypical picture postcard images of children skating on frozen over rivers and lakes, and hamlets in massive snowdrifts, whilst we're lucky if any snow settles at all in much of the country now.

Cripes, I didn't know that! Ya learn something new every day.
Wonder why it doesn't pop up more often in the literature of the time.

Quote: zooo @ November 13 2009, 8:39 PM GMT

I want to go to there!

That's where Jack the Ripper lives though.

Quote: Moonstone @ November 13 2009, 10:00 PM GMT

I looooove him!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age

As an amateur radio operator, I'm very aware of sunspots and solar activity and we appear to be having another period of inactivity. We should be seeing an increasing number of sunspots as we climb toward the peak of the 11-year cycle, but so far the big orb in the sky has been very quiet.

Quote: Moonstone @ November 13 2009, 10:00 PM GMT

Is that meant to put us off?

All this global warming rubbish will be exposed for the scam that it is when we get back to more traditional weather patterns, in nature's own good time. It's a scientific fact that CO2 is heavier than air. So, how can all that CO2 defy gravity? Perhaps it's because people like Al Gore defy logic.

Quote: Michael O'Connor @ November 14 2009, 12:11 AM GMT

Perhaps it's because people like Al Gore defy logic.

Such a knucklehead.

Quote: Aaron @ November 13 2009, 8:35 PM GMT

Probably coincided with Albert introducing the Christmas tree and perpetuated into the crap that we have to endure for a quarter of the year !

Sleigh bells,snow,stage coaches, Pickwickian jerks dispensing jolity.

I'm really up for Christmas ! I do so hope someone buys me a Frank Skinner DVD to make the day complete !

Angry

Quote: zooo @ November 13 2009, 10:11 PM GMT

I looooove him!

Quote: Aaron @ November 13 2009, 11:13 PM GMT

Is that meant to put us off?

?

We are talking about the man who done murders, aren't we? The one who cut up bodies and stuff? Huh?

Yeah, he am teh awesome.

The passing of time may have romanticised him slightly. ;)
Plus he's all Victorian innit. And had a hat. And stuff.

And a mustache. I always picture him with one.