The Weather Page 187

Quote: billwill @ 28th February 2018, 5:27 PM

My goldfish pond filter is frozen, so I can't run the pump.
Ponds has about a half inch ice crust.

Time for some ice fishing!

Typical that your first thought is to kill the fish rather than save them!
Weather here is fairly awful.. So far about 6 inches of snow and we're marooned as we're end of the road.

Neighbour with a huge vehicle asked what he could get for us. I asked for a couple of newspapers and a pineapple. He was a bit confused about the pineapple. Laughing out loudLaughing out loud

Quote: Briosaid @ 28th February 2018, 10:11 PM

Neighbour with a huge vehicle asked what he could get for us. I asked for a couple of newspapers and a pineapple. He was a bit confused about the pineapple. Laughing out loudLaughing out loud

:D When it gets this cold you've got to do what it takes to warm up.

Blessed are the birds and fish coz they have elluva time. It's the only respite they get from the constant threat of cats but everything is covered in snow. I don't know cats that well but I'll wager they prefer to stay in when there is snow afoot.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 28th February 2018, 10:23 PM

Blessed are the birds and fish coz they have elluva time. It's the only respite they get from the constant threat of cats but everything is covered in snow. I don't know cats that well but I'll wager they prefer to stay in when there is snow afoot.

Good point. I love both birds and cats but ...

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 28th February 2018, 10:23 PM

Nah, first thing I noticed when I looked out today: a line of cat paw prints in the snow, right up the front steps of my house, then down the passageway alongside my house. Then later I found cat paw prints in the snow on top of the ice on the bigger pond.

Quote: Briosaid @ 28th February 2018, 8:43 PM

Typical that your first thought is to kill the fish rather than save them!

Your delusions are getting more delusional.

P.S. I'd rather eat my shoe than a fish.

You'd leave the sole then?

Quote: Bill Poster @ 1st March 2018, 12:38 AM

You'd leave the sole then?

Nice one! I'm floundering for an equally witty response.

Been snowing lately here too. Not more than about 3 inches. I like snow. Ice is a nightmare for drivinng, but snow I'm fine with. I think I get it about as rarely as most of you do.

We don't get snow here. HOORAY!!!

Quote: Bill Poster @ 1st March 2018, 3:13 AM

We don't get snow here. HOORAY!!!

We had 3 inches of snow here a couple of months ago and an ice storm shortly after. Those are about 10-20 year events in south Texas. A lot of snowmen were born and melted during those 24 hours.

My face is peeling from the stupid sunburn that I got Sunday. I look like a leper.

'I was going too slow'
Driving to a job I couldn't get out of, I was rear ended this morning.
I felt the steering go light and knew I was not in control of the vehicle.
No braking, just low gear and I managed to keep it straight until BAM
A car behind hit me and suddenly I know what it's like to be in the winter olympics luge event.

No real damage done. We both got out into the blizzard to inspect our cars.
She had a broken fog light - me a few tiny scratches.
I was thinking knock for knock and lets get on our way
She was thinking it my fault and I will have to pay (me that is)

She demanded my insurance details and said she might call the police.
I said but you ran into the back of me.
With restrained patience and a voice of talking to a confused 5 year old
She said 'you were going too slow!

Pissing it down in Malaga. Despite the roof having been repaired, a few stray drops have appeared. Nowhere near as bad as it used to be, when bowls and buckets had to be placed and emptied all over the place!

Well, as usual when it's heavy snow, I'm stuck at home - can't get out of the street. Actually so is everybody else and all the schools are closed.