Pulling Special Page 2

She was quite funny actually: "They said they wanted to explore the characters by cancelling the series..." or words to that effect. Also mentioned the technical difficulties of filming shagging on a pile of money on a limited budget:)

Quote: Maurice Minor @ May 18 2009, 9:12 PM BST

she has a first-refusal deal with the BBC

I love the corporation's optimismic outlook nowadays. It used to be called a first look deal.

:)

Caught this last night on BBC Three. Very good. Very female empowering hey?

Quote: EllieJP @ May 19 2009, 10:21 AM BST

Caught this last night on BBC Three. Very good. Very female empowering hey?

What time do you go to bed? It was on too late for me.

This was brilliant, I though all three new boyfriends were excellent.

The boyfriend in a coma reminded me of Rodney in OFAH.

Quote: Darren Pomroy @ May 19 2009, 10:48 AM BST

This was brilliant, I though all three new boyfriends were excellent.

Yer, they were great.

"He loves you, he would die if you didn't want him".

Quote: EllieJP @ May 19 2009, 10:21 AM BST

Very female empowering hey?

Really?

I love this sitcom, some great lines and observations. The episode was a bit predictable at times but it will be sorely missed. Paul Kaye is just genius in this.

Thought this was superb. Quality show, Sharon Horgan's got to be one of the brightest lights on the British comedy scene at the moment.

Thought it was funny. It really is a disgrace that stuff like this gets axed and yet Coming of Age and Two Pints of Lager can get 50 series.

I initially was put off by this because watching the trailers I thought it would be some girl power mad comedy, the sort of comedy sister to the awfulness that is Sex and the City.

I was wrong.

Watching this again, I can't help thinking that, as good as it was, it was unnecessary. The end of series 2 was good - there was a resolution of sorts for the various characters' situations. It left you wanting more with a hint of 'will they/won't they' in the air, but could have been ended at that point.

This special restarted it all and then an hour later sort of wound up with 'will they/won't they' again. An enjoyable hour and some of the best laughs on TV recently, but didn't really add much to the story of 'Pulling'. I guess it's all academic now anyway as it was just a bonus and isn't coming back..

Watched it again on cath up last night as my girlfriend missed it the first time. On second look I thought the first five minutes were almost too over the top, a bit like Jay's swearing in The Inbetweeners' second series, but still very good.

This was excellent. Sharon Horgan's understated one-liners were superb through the whole show.

Loved it. Top marks.

Echo what chip said about the DVD. Just put it all in a single box set and have done with it. In fact, tip to distributors reading: we've cottoned on, fellas. We're either gonna get the single DVDs of each series or the whole thing, not some bastardised half-arsed attempts at cashing-in. Especially you Peep Show people!

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ June 1 2009, 9:14 AM BST

This was excellent. Sharon Horgan's understated one-liners were superb through the whole show.

Loved it. Top marks.

Echo what chip said about the DVD. Just put it all in a single box set and have done with it. In fact, tip to distributors reading: we've cottoned on, fellas. We're either gonna get the single DVDs of each series or the whole thing, not some bastardised half-arsed attempts at cashing-in. Especially you Peep Show people!

Dan

Yes - but you need to know when it's actually finished.