Do you wear glasses? Page 6

My boyfriend trod on my new glasses yesterday morning with his size 12 feet. Very unhappy Ellie.

Quote: Tursiops @ November 23 2012, 1:09 PM GMT

Just spent 440 sovs at Specsavers, and that was just on reglazing my existing frames. I could actually fly to Beijing buy some new glasses there, and the saving would pay for the flight...

That's very expensive, I had mine done recently with my existing frames for 150, at a small optician in Manchester.

Tersiops-- They might not be too happy when you tell them you want to get rid of the chinks in your lenses.

Quote: L.E. @ November 23 2012, 1:15 PM GMT

My boyfriend trod on my new glasses yesterday morning with his size 12 feet. Very unhappy Ellie.

size 12 feet eh Whistling nnocently

Had to drop that in! ;)

So he broke your glasses with his size 12, atleast they saved you from getting poked in the eye.

Quote: L.E. @ November 23 2012, 1:15 PM GMT

I can't picture you in glasses. In fact I can't picture you in anything...

Quote: Pingl @ November 23 2012, 1:16 PM GMT

That's very expensive, I had mine done recently with my existing frames for 150, at a small optician in Manchester.

Top of the range ultra thin varifocals - I am extremely short-sighted, increasingly longsighted and have an astigmatism. Think Mr Magoo.

Quote: Tursiops @ November 23 2012, 3:35 PM GMT

Top of the range ultra thin varifocals - I am extremely short-sighted, increasingly longsighted and have an astigmatism. Think Mr Magoo.

Oh I see, excuse pun :) I've noticed they aren't keen when you want to keep your frames, but I insist on keeping my Michael Caine's circa the Ipcress File, my wife says I'm under the illusion they make me look cool, when actually I look like a Geography teacher Teary

Have Gok Wans gone out of fash now?, is it thin/frameless? I rather liked people in big sturdy dark frames! anyone wearing gold is sooo dated! Cool

Quote: dellas @ November 23 2012, 4:30 PM GMT

Have Gok Wans gone out of fash now?, is it thin/frameless? I rather liked people in big sturdy dark frames! anyone wearing gold is sooo dated! Cool

Its all these evil James Bond Villain frames that are in. Still I prefer them to those hideous big jobs from the eighties.

Quote: Lee @ November 23 2012, 2:31 PM GMT

I can't picture you in glasses. In fact I can't picture you in anything...

FILTH!

I only wear glasses to make myself look smarter. I look a right idiot when I walk into lampposts.

:D

I am shortsighted and do need glasses, but rarely go out the house in them. Contact lenses ftw! Always nice to get them out later on in the day though.