The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Page 2

I've just rediscovered this show recently after about eight years of not having seen it. Bought four seasons of it for twenty quid a few weeks ago and got round to watching some over recent days. It's held up well actually. Classic stuff.

I remember getting home from school and watching this every week day on BBC2 at 6:40pm after two episodes of The Simpsons, good times.

Geoffrey and Carlton own the show. Will is funny but his repertoire consists of fat, short and bald jokes.

It is run constantly on TV over here. At the moment, I can think of three different cable channels that run it and they all seem to run the college years episodes, which I don't think were as good. I like it ok but always have a hard time watching it knowing that Uncle Phil is the voice of the Shredder on the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles cartoons. Very distracting.

Yea Will Smith was funny but he wasn't what made the show funny. The supporting cast was what made the show great.
I hated how surreal the humour got by the end but now that I'm older I find it hilarious. Sort of pre-Scrubs/ Black Books type humour.

Don't like Will Smith. Don't know why. Just don't.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ June 19 2009, 6:14 PM BST

Uncle Phil is the voice of the Shredder on the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles cartoons.

This is undoubtedly the single most interesting bit of TV trivia I have gleaned from these forums. Thank you. I can't believe I never made the connection when I used to watch both of those shows.

Quote: Balf @ May 1 2009, 6:20 PM BST

:O He was English? But his accent sucked!

That's because Americans are dim and need everything to be cariactured and spelt out v-e-r-y- -s-l-o-w-l-y to them. Had to fake it up, make it more stereotypical.

Quote: Kenneth @ June 19 2009, 11:33 PM BST

This is undoubtedly the single most interesting bit of TV trivia I have gleaned from these forums. Thank you. I can't believe I never made the connection when I used to watch both of those shows.

Well, did you know that the tall white-haired old fella, who played Bill Cosby's Dad, on The Cosby Show, did the voice for Panthro, on Thundercats?

Quote: Kenneth @ June 19 2009, 11:33 PM BST

:D :D :D
Glad to give some ammo for your next pretentious dinner party.

Quote: catskillz @ June 20 2009, 1:45 AM BST

Well, did you know that the tall white-haired old fella, who played Bill Cosby's Dad, on The Cosby Show, did the voice for Panthro, on Thundercats?

:O
Although I never really got into Thundercats. He-Man, Battle of the Planets (top theme tune) and Ninja Turtles were about as grim as it got for me, cartoon-wise. <opens new tab to Google the voice cast for Ninja Turtles>.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ June 20 2009, 2:22 AM BST

:D :D :D
Glad to give some ammo for your next pretentious dinner party.

I have already informed two colleagues and one relative of this amazing fact. None seemed to share my excitement.

Quote: Aaron @ June 20 2009, 1:08 AM BST

... Americans are dim and need everything to be cariactured and spelt out ...

:D
caricatured

Quote: JohnnyD @ June 20 2009, 9:44 AM BST

:D
caricatured

Heh! Cariacature is French! Laughing out loud

Quote: Robert D @ June 19 2009, 8:49 PM BST

Don't like Will Smith. Don't know why. Just don't.

Really? I was always of the opinion that nobody dislikes Will Smith. Not everybody loves him, sure, but to dislike him? I never thought that was possible.

Quote: Aaron @ June 20 2009, 1:08 AM BST

That's because Americans are dim and need everything to be cariactured and spelt out v-e-r-y- -s-l-o-w-l-y to them. Had to fake it up, make it more stereotypical.

No I'm pretty sure that's how all English people sound no matter what part of the UK they are from.
Truefact!

Loved this show, and loved Geoffery.

my all time favourite scene is the poetry jam, he just can't keep from breaking into Tennyson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP1s7o3oATA

Just started re-watching season one. What an absolutely bloody excellent entertaining show. All the performances from the main cast are spot on. The pathos, whilst theatrical at times, is always brilliant utilized, making a change from shows that can sometimes get it wrong (Scrubs).

Will's performances are outstanding. He's instantly likable on screen, and appears to be so comfortable being there. Talented all rounder too, a natural clown, talented rapper and engaging actor.