So Haunt Me Page 4

Quote: david carmon @ November 21 2009, 6:35 AM GMT

Just re-watched the same clip on YouTube.

It's part of an episode where theres a ghost in it.

Laughing out loud

You've seen the title of the show, right? :D

The episode you're referring to is from Series 2, IIRC. Not sure which.

I imagine it picked up a few Only Fools And Horses fans who watched it as it featuted Tessa Peake-Jones.

Hey folks, forgive this for being my first post.

Does anyone know where I could get a copy of So Haunt Me Series 1-3?

It was one of my favourite sitcoms as a kid and it would be great to add it to my collection.
I've found it advertised on raretvondvd .com but as its a website I've never used and don't know anything about so I wasn't sure if it was legit.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

Cheers.

It is not legit, no. You may very well receive what you order from them, but there wouldn't be an ounce of legality to the transaction, and I guess it could be a bit on the expensive side. Sadly the series has not been made commercially available anywhere in the world, so you will have to turn to some form of piracy in order to get the show.

Thanks Aaron, I'll get my jolly rodger ready then.

This whole series has been loaded up on YouTube, mostly ok a couple of flickery episodes.

Well, not to bring back the dead...

I'm sorry. The devil made me do it. :)

But, the local PBS affiliate is running the show now. They will run Season Two, Episode One, tonight.

The video aspect is a little off (I guess due to the difference between PAL and NTSC). And the show is a little corny. But, it's really not a bad 30 minutes of TV. The ghost part could easily switched with a live mother in law and the show would be just as good. Or bad, if you prefer. :O

I watch it mainly because of its time slot but, it also gets you in the mood for the rest of the Saturday night Britcom line up.

Quote: Mike Selway @ October 19 2013, 8:32 PM BST

The video aspect is a little off (I guess due to the difference between PAL and NTSC).

How disappointing. Yes, NTSC is lower quality than PAL, so it's entirely possible that some half-arsed nitwit has converted the show incorrectly. Very frustrating.

Quote: Mike Selway @ October 19 2013, 8:32 PM BST

But, the local PBS affiliate is running the show now. They will run Season Two, Episode One, tonight.

Where do you live? I'm in Jersey and our PBS stations don't show a fraction of what yours does.

This is not a paid commercial announcement -- though it may read like one -- but if you're in the U.S. or Canada, you can subscribe to Acorn TV and get access to quite a lot of British programming, including sitcoms.

As well, if you have Roku device to allow you to stream, you can stream PBS at no cost (if you're in the U.S.) and decide which PBS to stream by entering a postal code from the area the station you prefer covers. Not everything televised by PBS is streamed but quite a bit is.

I had old VHS tapes of So Haunt Me which was broadcast here in Canada in the 90s but they deteriorated ... too bad.

Good luck.

Quote: Dice @ October 20 2013, 2:06 AM BST

Where do you live? I'm in Jersey and our PBS stations don't show a fraction of what yours does.

Sorry this is late. I live in Georgia. You wouldn't think it, but Britcoms and British Drama (from The Masterpiece Trust)are very popular here and they account for a large part of the fund raising drive.

They air 2-3 hours of British drama on Thursday night. Four hours of Britcoms and 2-3 hours of drama on Saturday night. Then 2-3 more hours of drama on Sunday night. Of course there are repeats in this schedule, but you get the idea.

I am into it pretty much on Thursday and Saturday night, but Sunday is reserved for football! :D