So Haunt Me

Ok, so who remembers So Haunt Me? The sitcom ran for three series from 1992 to 1994, and centred on the Rokeby family. Upon moving to a new house, they find themselves sharing the property with Yetta Feldman, an elderly Jewish lady - who died 21 years earlier.

It's one of ... well, faaar too many shows which I've been "going to watch" for years. Started watching it yesterday after being reminded about it, and really really enjoying. I'm just over half way through the first series and it's shaping up to be one of my favourite sitcoms, certainly of the 1990s.

Really can't understand why it's neither repeated, nor available on DVD.

Written by my old friend Paul Mendelson. Really liked the acting from Mister Corrigan.

Paul recently did a pilot I understand of 'Bewitched' set in England with Sheridan Smith, so he likes his supernaturals. I don't know what happened to it? Perhaps your good friend Micheal can give you the gen Aaron. I'd be interested to know. I loved Bewitched but am in two minds - but I love Sheridan's comedy acting and timing too so, would like to see it.

Uh, well actually it was talking to Paul yesterday which reminded me about the show! I'd forgotten that it was he who'd done the pilot, so I'll see if I can find anything out.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/pilots/bewitched/

I remember watching it, I used to like it; haven't watched it since it was originally broadcast though.

I remember watching this when it was first shown. I think it was enjoyable enough but nothing earth-shattering. Wasn't it intended as a vehicle for Tessa Peake-Jones after she'd made her first appearances as Raquel in OFAH but didn't have a very long run?

It ran for 19 episodes over three years and three series. Quite long! I don't know whether her casting turned it into a bit of a vehicle, but it certainly wasn't intended as such. Indeed, it was regularly attracting 14 million viewers at its peak.

It's a terrible show!

Quote: Aaron @ March 28 2009, 3:19 PM GMT

Uh, well actually it was talking to Paul yesterday which reminded me about the show! I'd forgotten that it was he who'd done the pilot, so I'll see if I can find anything out.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/pilots/bewitched/

How many names have you dropped over the last 48 hours Aaron? :)

This rings some bells somewhere in the back of my mind _ I think I quite enjoyed this as a kid.

Quote: bigfella @ March 28 2009, 6:44 PM GMT

How many names have you dropped over the last 48 hours Aaron? :)

I have mentioned three people. I could note more, but they've not come up in any discussion so there's not much point or purpose.

Quote: Aaron @ March 28 2009, 6:49 PM GMT

I have mentioned three people. I could note more, but they've not come up in any discussion so there's not much point or purpose.

I don't know Aaron - all this going out and meeting people. You need to get a life like the rest of us and stay in and watch TV.

Quote: Seefacts @ March 28 2009, 6:44 PM GMT

It's a terrible show!

Seefacts I defended you last night. Now you can f**k off!

:)

I (seem to) recall Paul M. telling of how the BBC Head of Comedy rejected this out of hand and then, after the success of May to December, the same person commissioned it.
A lesson there - somewhere.

Quote: Marc P @ March 28 2009, 7:55 PM GMT

Seefacts I defended you last night. Now you can f**k off!

:D

Good man!

Glad some of my post cocktail comedy is perceived in the err... spirit in which it is intended!

I remember it. I remember it being very beige and not highly amusing.