What you'd expect to find... Page 2

Quote: David Chapman @ April 11, 2007, 8:43 PM

I still think Portsmouth on Saturday was funnier. Watch out for being runners-up in 3 competitions.

Its crossed my mind Dave. Doesn't bear thinking about.

Who's you team again Lewis?

Actually being an armchair Chelsea supporter I have a season ticket for Sutton United (who? you ask) - the team that knocked Coventry out of the FA Cup in 1989.

They were also the first English winners of the Anglo Italian Cup back in late 70's or early 80's.

I've heard of Sutton. I'm sure they've met Barrow AFC at some point in their travels. Barrow were n the Conference once upon a time.

So were Sutton - a long time ago. Well 1998 to be precise and came back down straight away. We were there though from about 1986 to 1992. Probably played them then.

Barrow were floating round there then. We won the FA Trophy in 90. Glory days. Obviously though we were kicked out of the league as money was getting laundered through the club by some one connected to a top UK drug dealer. Doesn't that happen to everyone!

Much more fun than watching the big boys. You can shout at players, refs linesmen etc and get a personal response. I love winding up donkey centre halves or wingers who think they're the next Beckham (who???)

Quote: Ginger Jesus @ April 11, 2007, 9:49 AM

...(or even if you don't)...

Correct!

Quote: SlagA @ April 11, 2007, 10:06 AM

...British teams putting down Spanish and Italian oppossition.

*wipes a tear* Beautiful.

The away games are best in the lower leagues, no segregation. I love watching the young uns stand behind the opposition keeper, questioning where his girlfriend is etc, then at half time, everyone troops off behind the other goal, and starts it all again in the second half. The keeper occasionally turning round and telling them to f**k off. It's priceless.

o.k this conversation has become very relevant to meas my team has beaten sutton twice this season and we are now challenging to go up in the playoffs, COME ON YOU HAVANT & WATERLOOVILLE, i havent missed a game in about five seasons now home and away including pre-season friendlies, my match of the year was vs millwall in the f.a cup that was played at fratton park, david do you go and watch sutton at gander green lane (i think that is it it is the gound that smells of deep heat, and is drapped in yellow and brown and behind one goal is a massive space until you get to the walkway) dave were you at the game a couple of years back when the net broke and the midfeilder climbed on your goalies back to fix it, and it looked like a seen from bend over like david beckham?, what a coinsidence.

http://www.havantandwaterlooville.net/stats/report.asp?y=2006&m=1091

and away http://www.havantandwaterlooville.net/stats/report.asp?m=1044&y=2006

p.s i hope you arn't amounst those who stand at the opposite side to the seating stand as we had a massive go at them last and this season. But if you are i forgive you, i shouted at them but i didn't know what for.

Yes I think I was. Good luck if you go up. We're not equiped for it and it's much better to be nearly there than go and straight back down again (ooh er Mrs).

We have a connie national side now, we are just let down by the fact we drop to other teams level, i've been to sutton a few times and i have to say i am not a huge fan of the facilities, especially that shite clubhouse with the mirrors and the pictures outside (one of our goalkeeper coach) but the fans are friendly and the team is quite good, shame you have a few teams to compete with i think carshalton is a few miles away, anyway, non league is brilliant for the reasons ginger jesus says, the banter.

That's the match day clubhouse but there is a bigger one where they have bands regularly - The Boom Boom Club.

Only a couple of weeks left including Newport coming down and I upset some of their fans a couple of years ago so should be lively - not violent or anything - but good fun. Oh yes - then there's a match on the pitch too.

bloody hell good luck with newport, we had a mini riot up at their place, and segregation down at our place, every year to celebrate the death of one of their fans they trash a place last year was bognor and the year before was lewes, this year it was meant to be us but there was a large police presence. have you ever been to the spytty ground, the pitch is a couple of miles away from the terraces because of a running track, when the ball goes out it takes a couple of years to retrieve it, we are still waiting for them to return the ball to our player for a throw in, anyway, we have farnbourough away, yeading at home then a massive game away at salisbury, then thurrock at home,our last game of the season is away at fisher, then off course the play offs, hopefully.

We played Salisbury at home a week or so ago and they beat us one nil but they're nothing special at all. They then lost at home to Histon 3 - 0.

So you think Newport could be extra special?

we beat salisbury 3-1 at home earlier in the season, newport are a crap team, when we played them at their place the wind scored a goal against us, ow with the help of their stricker kicking it towards the bottom corner. I talk to a lot of stewards at away grounds, and all of them fear or have had bad times with newport fans, it will be a good game for you, they have to come with at least one policeman on their supporters coach and two stewards i think, they probably wn't bring a lot with them. good luck