Genius Page 3

Quote: Maurice Minor @ April 17 2009, 10:25 PM BST

I don't think Dave Gorman was at all happy with the duvet situation. He seemed to be in proper pain..

Yeah, I think he was pretty annoyed with Vegas.

Watching the red button stuff now. :)

Pretty good episode. Laughed a bit.

Caught this for the first time tonight and thought it was a weak format. Thank goodness for Vegas' antics, as it provided the only bright spot in an otherwise bland and lifeless show.

Dave Gorman is a very pleasant and likeable chap, but comedy isn't really his forte in my opinion. I think he'd be better off presenting things like 'The One Show' or 'Cash in the Attic'. Harsh I know, but his whole presenting style just screams safe and middle of the road.

BTW - Was it just me or did the man who came up with the gerbil suit seem like a BSG stereotype?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 17 2009, 11:31 PM BST

Caught this for the first time tonight and thought it was a weak format. ... bland and lifeless show.

Dave Gorman ... comedy isn't really his forte

However, I fully support this.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 17 2009, 11:31 PM BST

BTW - Was it just me or did the man who came up with the gerbil suit seem like a BSG stereotype?

The strange thing is that those "Fursuits" do exist, all be it for people.

Quote: zooo @ March 20 2009, 11:48 PM BST

I quite enjoyed it.

Hi Zooo

I'm only just catching up with Genius as I'd recorded them.

I thought of you today when he drew out the suggestion 'Everything should have a bobble on it'

Was that yours!? Or is there some kind of underground bobble cult I've been unaware of?

Jx

Haha, no it wasn't mine.

I was just very taken with it when I saw it on the show. :D

Bobble on!

I'm currently getting to grips with how a spoon is prime opposite of itself.

:)

Ahh, yes.
That one is a thinker...

Quote: Jane P @ April 19 2009, 6:27 PM BST

I'm currently getting to grips with how a spoon is prime opposite of itself.
:)

I don't think it is. The objective of a spoon is to make it easier for us to eat soup; therefore its opposite is a fork.

I could be wrong though.

I'm surprised it wasn't questioned on the show.

Quote: Yatta @ April 22 2009, 10:57 AM BST

I don't think it is. The objective of a spoon is to make it easier for us to eat soup; therefore its opposite is a fork.

I could be wrong though.

I'm surprised it wasn't questioned on the show.

If you want to know how they came about with their definiton, see http://www.oppo-site.com/content/spoon

Was there no Red Button stuff this week? Mine's still showing the Johnny Vegas clips.

He said that there would be over the closing credits.

Hmmm.

It's still Vegas. Angry

Not here yet either http://www.bbc.co.uk/genius/
but will be when it finally gets on.

The last one has only just gone up as it wasn't there on Tuesday when I looked!

Dan