Catherine Tate Page 3

yeah - welcome. And I do agree to some extent - but she is an extremely good actress!

Welcome, welcome.

Her Nan is amazing. The rest is ok, but that Nan....

She's certainly not good at acting happy when she hasn't won. That BAFTA face she pulled - evil!

Quote: Mark @ June 8, 2007, 8:27 PM

She's certainly not good at acting happy when she hasn't won. That BAFTA face she pulled - evil!

I suppose she had a point to some extent because her show was extremely popular and maybe by rights she should have won it from that reasoning. It just goes to show what the Great British public like. I fear we are too good for them.

But I still think her show is a load of bollox!!!

Personally, I can't stand he or her show. That "bovvered" character is just Vicky Pollard by a female actress.

Why do popoular sketch shows rely on the same few jokes per episode week in week out?

It's a bit of a hobby horse of mine at the moment but the repetition is getting soooooooooooo tedious, getting soooooooooooo tedious, getting soooooooooooo tedious, getting soooooooooooo tedious, getting soooooooooooo tedious.

Tate's Gran is superb but every show and every week? Purrrrlease!

What you actually mean is "Why are sketch shows that rely on the same few jokes per episode week in week out so popular?"

Stupid British public.

I blame the poor.

Yes Aaron, I think putting it another way you're correct.

Can't we just round up everybody without some kind of degree or a disposable income of less than 30K per annum and...kapow!!!!

Hopefully this won't be seen as me being too harsh but... hey come on you know it makes sense. Whistling nnocently

As long as I'm in charge of the final judgement, then sure.

She is a very good performer in the sketch show.
And wasn't that bad in Doctor Who, even though I didn't like the character.

I watched her show because everybody raved about her but I found her a major pain in the arse.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 12 2011, 9:39 PM BST

And wasn't that bad in Doctor Who, even though I didn't like the character.

High praise there Steve. It must be the ambition of most actresses to be not that bad as a character that people don't like.

I never really watched this at the time but I'm watching it now on W.

Was the laughter canned? After all most of the sketches look filmed?

No, live studio audience like is right and proper. There would have been a lot shot on VT though.