Current radio comedy Page 77

Perhaps it helps if you know the town in question but Mark Steel on Basingstoke was sublime, which is a good deal more than can be said for the town itself.

Wish I could say the same thing - sublime - about Det Sgt Nick Mohammed. Naff comes more to mind.

Quote: italophile @ December 21 2011, 4:48 PM GMT

Wish I could say the same thing - sublime - about Det Sgt Nick Mohammed. Naff comes more to mind.

I got as far as the trailer and it struck me that this. Was. Someone. Who. Was Reading. From. A. Script.

I decided against investing 30 minutes in it to discover whether it got any better and by the sound of it made the correct decision.

You certainly did. I caught some of the next episode by mistake. The continuity announcer introduced it as "surreal". I'd opt for infantile, puerile.

I'm still enjoying ElvenQuest even though this series isn't as good as the first, and Alistair McGowan is doing a naked Blackadder impression throughout.

Quote: KLRiley @ December 20 2011, 9:40 PM GMT

Perhaps it helps if you know the town in question but Mark Steel on Basingstoke was sublime, which is a good deal more than can be said for the town itself.

It's a very good, warm-hearted show with a lot of charm and laughs.

Quote: chipolata @ December 23 2011, 4:02 PM GMT

I'm still enjoying ElvenQuest even though this series

Me too. Who does Eldon play, his servant?

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 23 2011, 4:08 PM GMT

Me too. Who does Eldon play, his servant?

I don't know. It doesn't sound like Eldon.

EDIT: According to Wiki he plays Dean the Dwarf.

Eldon's in the picture of iPlayer though yeah? And that bloke from Spy.

Will check back later, off to endure the M5 & M6 now. :/

Eldon doubles up as the Dwarf and McGowan's offsider. I'm enjoying this series even if it's treading water a bit after the last one.

Oh right, I didn't think he'd be the dwarf.

Rufus Hound's rap on last night's The Unbelievable Truth was one of the oddest things I've heard on a Radio 4 panel show ever. Hats off to him for sticking with it to the bitter end.

:D God loves a tryer.
At least he didn't try to do his own beatboxing.

Quote: zooo @ December 27 2011, 11:55 AM GMT

:D God loves a tryer.
At least he didn't try to do his own beatboxing.

That would have been rather difficult, for him to beatbox AND deliver the lecture at the same time.

Well, exactly!

It's 6:15 on a weekday during Christmas Week, and I'm listening to Will Self drone on about Levenson. What happened to Christmas Week radio comedy at quarter past six? For as long as I can remember they've had 15 Minute Musicals or Jack Dee and Peter Capaldi doing a spoof on bedtime stories. Why not this year?