Get A Grip (Ben Elton's new ITV1 show) Page 5

I get the feeling that Simon Amstell has never peaked, if you know what i mean

>_<

His co presenters are women, can't be easy

He is a lady magnet.
Unfortunate.

Laughing out loud

Yeah, a mini fridge to womankind's jumbled fluorescent alphabet

Ahh, how romantic. All I know is I and all my female friends quite fancy the little Jewish prince.

None of my boy friends do. :(

Are they anti-semetic
:)

Well Mark Lamarr is better than either Sir Ben or Prince Simon.

Quote: ajp29 @ April 24, 2007, 7:58 PM

Are they anti-semetic
:)

No no, they've all passed my stringent 'are you a nazi' quiz.

I liked Mark Lamarr, but he did turn into a bit of a caricature of himself towards the end. I think Simon's doing a great job as replacement.

You know what? This was terrible. To me the set ups and delivery was poor, the over egging of rather tired ideas...it seemed to me that the writing didn't seem to recognise when to leave an idea and move on.

Ideas, especially in comedy havea form. Sketch, gag, routine base or narrative. Whatever. And they also havea defined shelf life before you are simply retreading an idea several seconds later.

I don;t think Ben Elton has improved with age. He was brilliant but now I think he's just doing things to meet his tax burden.

Quote: zooo @ April 24, 2007, 8:07 PM

No no, they've all passed my stringent 'are you a nazi' quiz.

I liked Mark Lamarr, but he did turn into a bit of a caricature of himself towards the end. I think Simon's doing a great job as replacement.

I didn't like Simon at first, and sometimes he does seem a tad too smug, but hey - he's reinvented himself since doing the child rubbish on channel four AM. And he's young and has done well.

Good cheese. Mark Lamarr seemed to genuinely *hate* the show towards the end. There's a limit a host can take the **** out of his own shows' format before it becomes apparent that he is intending to leave anyway.

Yeah, but it was a shame. In my opinion, Mark was better than Simon. Mark just had a vibe about him that just said "I hate everything!" and that made the jokes he made better. With Simon though, he looks like a child, having fun, but is still making pretty much the same type of jokes, and it doesn't work as well.

That being said, the first series of Buzzcocks Simon did was lackluster, but the second was great, maybe the next will be even better.

Can't wait for tonights episode. Really enjoyed it last week. Watch this and avoid the dire: Ruddy Hell it's Harry and Paul

I avoid both. You are likely to get more laughs out of "The Apprentice: Your Fired" on BBC2 at the same time.

It's all a bit shit really. Boo hiss boo.