Get A Grip (Ben Elton's new ITV1 show) Page 3

I watched it last week and thought it was pretty mediocre. Some potential but not much realisation of it. And in the second half, they seemed to stray from topical gags to just taking the piss so I wasn't really sure what type of programme I was watching.

The following morning, my 16 year old said 'I saw a programme with Ben Elton in it last night. It was a bit too scripted to be really funny.'

This has to be the longest sentence he's managed since puberty so it's fair to say he wasn't impressed. Mind you, he likes the Arctic Monkeys.

Quote: chipolata @ April 17, 2007, 10:26 AM

The hairy one and gay one from The Friday Night Project are funny in a low level kind of way, I just don't see why they need the hideous gueast presenters. As for Charlotte Church, she's a talentless fat chav going out with a bright orange tit.

What colours her other one?

I can't even be bothered to watch it tonight. Wasted enough of my life on it.

As far as Chung being wooden, for the most part, that is her charm. But there is a spot every week, probably during some sort of sketch-meets-interviews, or the 'Big Ones' that she becomes genuinly funny. And it blends well with Alex Zane to.

Holy crap. I caught a couple of minutes of this last night. What a waste of time. I'm pretty easily amused, but that was so, SO bad I could barely watch. Elton seemed to be making a few puns and jokes in the style of the shows he's spent most of his life panning. Chung... Christ on ice, I just don't know where to start. They say that "you can't polish a turd", but she didn't even try. It was so painfully wooden that I was expecting sparrows to fly out of her top.

Unspeakably poor.

I was expecting some thing else to fly out of her top

The girl is as hot as she is wooden, as I am wooden, watching her hotness.

Yeah I watched a few minutes of it and couldn't bare it any longer.

What's really disturbing is that for a couple of seconds, here and there, she kind of looks like Noel Fielding.
: (

Quote: Leevil @ April 19, 2007, 3:41 PM

Funny. And yet oh so very wrong.

(Can't agree btw, but each to their own.)

Ha ha ha - I think this is the quote of the month so far!

She is hot though - agreed!

Yeah I watched a few minutes of it and couldn't bare it any longer.

I see Leevil, a few minutes of Miss Chung was all you could take? I understand, she's a pretty girl.

Watched it for the first time last night, and I thought it was hilarious. Who cares if it's scripted, it's funny. I enjoyed it when Ben was talking about the Generation Game and Ben's Intellegent Knob gag.

Hilarious? Blimey - you're easily pleased Jack.

And were there any adverts this week? If not they're seriously close to being pulled off. (Maybe that's what Elton wants.)

at least you have Chung to look at, Ben Elton isn't quite top of the hotness scale XD

He's not bad for an old guy.

I already wish I hadn't said that.

Quote: zooo @ April 22, 2007, 7:10 PM

He's not bad for an old guy.

I already wish I hadn't said that.

that information is now stored and waiting for when you get to a day when you think everything is going right