Get A Grip (Ben Elton's new ITV1 show) Page 8

He'sprobably good live - just doing his natural stuff. But this just isn't natural.

I think Ben Elton`s stand-up`s great & his books are excellent. I nearly wet myself during the dirty sex scene in... (damn, brain freeze)I think it was Post Mortem. It just went on and on and on, like a steam train. The pacing was brilliant & I so, so, so, so, so, didn`t want it to end. I`ve seriously not laughed so much at a book in my entire life!

Get a Grip didn`t really do it for me though. I think it was the desk.

What, that it upstaged them?

Laughing out loud

No, I meant the desk seemed like a barrier. I think Ben Elton`s at his best when he`s standing up.

The more barriers between me and Ben Elton the better.

I'd think it would be better if he stood up to ... and then the trap door would open, and the rope will become less slack ... maybe taking it a bit too far there, but, meh.

:O

Quote: Walker @ May 8, 2007, 5:16 PM

I'd think it would be better if he stood up to ... and then the trap door would open, and the rope will become less slack ... maybe taking it a bit too far there, but, meh.

LOL!

One of my friends just bought me 'Chart Throb' for a belated birthday prezzie... as a form of therapy for not getting through the first round of the X-Factor audition!

Quote: Aaron @ May 8, 2007, 12:14 AM

What, that it upstaged them?

hehe!

Quote: David Chapman @ April 7, 2007, 2:07 PM

Yes I agree - Black Adder, then Young Ones. Thin Blue Line was a bit too OTT.

i thought the 'Thin blue Line' wasn't nearly over the top enough. Remember this is the guy who wrote most of the first 'Young Ones' practiacally overnight.