Norman Wisdom Page 2

I think Nora is Batty himself. So let's move on now from such puerile comments.

There was an excellent documentary on last year about Norman Wisdom (think it was Channel 4, but can't be sure), about how his family reached the decision that he had to go into a home due to his developing Alzheimers. I can't recall that the A word wasn't mentioned during the programme (unless it was, in which case I'm developing it myself), and the programme was quite moving. The contrast between his son (who cared) and his daughter (who did not seem to care as much), was very apparent.

I have that, but haven't watched it yet. I'll find it too sad I think. :(

I think there is a great range of Alzheimers. Sometimes the person afflicted has no worries but it always affects their families.

Quote: True Briton @ January 24 2009, 11:28 PM GMT

There was an excellent documentary on last year about Norman Wisdom (think it was Channel 4, but can't be sure)

BBC Two.

My Mum has early-onset Alzheimers. She's only 56 and very, very ill. It's a cruel bastard disease and nobody should have to go through the living nightmare of slowly forgetting your life, friends and family. And all the government keep doing is costcutting on research and drugs that can help prolong their lives.

Apparently Peter Falk has it as well. :(

Oh dear oh dear that had better be a joke or else I am going to have to stab myself in the leg not to make one.

Quote: chipolata @ January 27 2009, 12:46 PM GMT

Apparently Peter Falk has it as well. :(

:(

People saying he's died, is it true?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a280264/sir-norman-wisdom-dies-aged-95.html

:( Thanks for all the laughs. RIP.

I expected him to make it to 100

RIP Norman. I hope somebody's told Mr Grimsdale. :(

RIP doesn't feel like it begins to cover it. His generation of performers and his style of comedy and dedication to the art is sorely lacking.

A very sad day.

:(