Yes Man

I see Danny Wallace has got his book (See Amazon product listing) turned into a massive Hollywood film starring Jim Carey:

Trailer

Not sure what the movie is like, because it looks like it deviates heavily from the book (Carey has a good job and ends up doing extreme sports, Wallace got drunk in a pub and, in a typical British way, ended up in awkward social situations)... but it still looks like it has the potential to be a hit?

It certainly looks like a good vehicle for Carey, and Rhys Darby from Flight Of The Conchords is in it I see, that's got to be a bonus.

I must admit, this does sound the sort of conceit that would work much better in a sitcom than a Hollywood movie. As it is, I'd imagine it's a pretty standard mega-bucks high concept vehicle for Jim Carey.

I heard it's a loose adaption but whatever. Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to it and the trailer looks quite funny. Also having Zooey Deschanel in any movie is a plus.

I'm looking forward to seeing it. It looks like it could be Jim Carey's best comedy movie for a while.

Quote: earman2009 @ December 15 2008, 7:26 PM GMT

I'm looking forward to seeing it. It looks like it could be Jim Carey's best comedy movie for a while.

For me, hasn't done anything worthwhile since The Truman Show (with the possible exception of Man in the Moon).

Quote: chipolata @ December 16 2008, 11:06 AM GMT

For me, hasn't done anything worthwhile since The Truman Show (with the possible exception of Man in the Moon).

2 of my all time favourite films. This new one looks good from the trailer.

Eternal Sunshine was great!

Quote: David Bussell @ December 16 2008, 11:51 PM GMT

Eternal Sunshine was great!

It was. I forgot that. It's still only three decent films. Although I haven't seen that film he did with Frank Darabont, so it might be four decent films.

Quote: chipolata @ December 17 2008, 10:03 AM GMT

It was. I forgot that. It's still only three decent films. Although I haven't seen that film he did with Frank Darabont, so it might be four decent films.

You can forget about The Majestic, it was dross.

Quote: David Bussell @ December 17 2008, 12:40 PM GMT

You can forget about The Majestic, it was dross.

Consider it forgotten about.

Not a big fan of all this Danny Wallace/Dave Gorman type guff. Terribly uninteresting. Still, they appear to have their admirers. Some people are easily bloody pleased aren't they!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ December 17 2008, 1:43 PM GMT

Not a big fan of all this Danny Wallace/Dave Gorman type guff. Terribly uninteresting. Still, they appear to have their admirers. Some people are easily bloody pleased aren't they!

Are you Dave Gorman? was charming, original and funny. Alas, it was such a success that both Gorman and Wallace embarked upon a series of increasingly strained high-concept shows that lacked charm and, crucially, laughs.

The stupid greedy bastards!

I've seen Liar Liar so guess I don't need to see this.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ December 17 2008, 5:22 PM GMT

I've seen Liar Liar so guess I don't need to see this.

Ha ha. I see what you're saying!