PS3 vs XBox 360 Page 4

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 2 2008, 6:35 PM GMT

£130! Insignificant! *faints*

Prezunctly.

Is the Commodore 65 out yet?

Quote: Moonstone @ December 2 2008, 6:37 PM GMT

I just don't get why people buy consoles when you can get the same experience and a bigger choice of games with a PC. AND a PC also has the advantage of being able to do a few other things!

Because playing games on a PC sucks arse. You have to sit there hunched over the keyboard bashing F7 and Q and W and God knows what else. It gives me a bad back plus I spend all my working day on a PC so I don't want to be doing the same on my me-time. Plus you're about two feet away from the screen which eventually f**ks with your eyes.

Gimme my leather recliner and joypad anyday.

I'm with Henman on that. Plus if you have a nice big telly and surround sound, it's awesome.

Quote: Lee Henman @ December 2 2008, 6:52 PM GMT

Because playing games on a PC sucks arse. You have to sit there hunched over the keyboard bashing F7 and Q and W and God knows what else. It gives me a bad back plus I spend all my working day on a PC so I don't want to be doing the same on my me-time. Plus you're about two feet away from the screen which eventually f**ks with your eyes.

Gimme my leather recliner and joypad anyday.

But you don't have to use keys, you can just use a joypad and sit back in a big old comfy computer chair. Hmmm, I dunno, each to their own, but to me it's a lot of extra money for something you basically already have!

Quote: Leevil @ December 2 2008, 6:56 PM GMT

I'm with Henman on that. Plus if you have a nice big telly and surround sound, it's awesome.

You can easily wire your PC to your TV.

Your avatar winks, I just noticed lol.

Consoles are becoming PCs anyway, by the looks of it. Soon it will all be one anyway. But I still prefer to stick a game in and play, rather than install or worry about the right specifications.

Quote: Leevil @ December 2 2008, 6:59 PM GMT

Your avatar winks, I just noticed lol.

I didn't know that either! :D

Consoles are becoming PCs anyway, by the looks of it. Soon it will all be one anyway. But I still prefer to stick a game in and play, rather than install or worry about the right specifications.

I KNEW that'd have something to do with it! Bloody lazy!!

It's been a while since I played a PC game, but I remember the graphics being ugly as well :P I could be wrong but they always feel cold and too clean, maybe that's the higher resolution, I dunno? But it never sat well with me.

Quote: Leevil @ December 2 2008, 7:03 PM GMT

It's been a while since I played a PC game, but I remember the graphics being ugly as well :P I could be wrong but they always feel cold and too clean, maybe that's the higher resolution, I dunno? But it never sat well with me.

Suppose a lot depends on your graphics card. But you could just get hold of an emulator and have exactly the same graphics anyway. Well like I said each to their own, but I just wouldn't think about shelling out all that extra cash every year for the/any small advantages of owning a console.

What I'd like to see is some sort of wireless device you could plug into your telly and PC so the PC's screen was transmitted onto your tv screen. I love the idea of watching YouTube stuff etc in the comfort of my living room rather than my cold uncomfy office.

Personally, I don't even own a PC. I have a broken laptop and I'm using my gf's MAC. So choosing a £129 console, over £400+ decent "gaming" PC isn't even a choice in my books. But as you say, each to their own.

Quote: Moonstone @ December 2 2008, 6:57 PM GMT

But you don't have to use keys, you can just use a joypad and sit back in a big old comfy computer chair. Hmmm, I dunno, each to their own, but to me it's a lot of extra money for something you basically already have!

Prezunctly. On every point that's been made, the PC can do it too, and almost certainly cheaper.

Quote: Lee Henman @ December 2 2008, 7:12 PM GMT

What I'd like to see is some sort of wireless device you could plug into your telly and PC so the PC's screen was transmitted onto your tv screen. I love the idea of watching YouTube stuff etc in the comfort of my living room rather than my cold uncomfy office.

I'm bet you can get something like that, easy.

Quote: Lee Henman @ December 2 2008, 7:12 PM GMT

You can! My brother-in-law does that all the time - he mainly uses it to download programmes off the net and watch them through his big telly. It just creates a mirror of his desktop on his tv. I think you just need a couple of wires to do it. Do you want me to ask him for detail?

Quote: Leevil @ December 2 2008, 7:12 PM GMT

Personally, I don't even own a PC. I have a broken laptop and I'm using my gf's MAC. So choosing a £129 console, over £400+ decent "gaming" PC isn't even a choice in my books. But as you say, each to their own.

Well that's gotta be fair enough! :)

Quote: Aaron @ December 2 2008, 7:13 PM GMT

On every point that's been made, the PC can do it too, and almost certainly cheaper.

I know serious gamers who have spent much more than the cost of a console on their graphics card alone. I've read that the consoles actually contain more than their cost in components. The manufacturers sell them at a loss that they (hope to) recoup in game sales.