PS3 vs XBox 360 Page 2

Quote: Curt @ November 30 2008, 11:59 PM GMT

I think I'm going to go out and buy a shooter for my Wii now. I haven't bought one yet.

Has Nintendo ever allowed blood and gore in any of their games? Stabbing people in the neck and frying them with a flame thrower while Kiefer Sutherland screams the F-word in the background made the new Call of Duty seem like it'd be fun to play.

Quote: DaButt @ December 1 2008, 12:03 AM GMT

Has Nintendo ever allowed blood and gore in any of their games? Stabbing people in the neck and frying them with a flame thrower while Kiefer Sutherland screams the F-word in the background made the new Call of Duty seem like it'd be fun to play.

haha I was wondering if that new special episode of 24 was any good and I guess that means it was.
They have a few war games and all the Resident Evil games but I don't know if the blood has been removed.

I have all 3 (xbox, ps3, wii)

Wii is rubbish unless it's for kids....shocking graphics arent made up for by waving a joystick around (not yet anyway, when the motion sensor gets MUCH better then maybe) that said, kids love it.

Xbox thrashes PS3 for games, browsing the net on the tv is stupid and pointless unless you have no life and dont plan on ever seeing a woman naked (that isn't on a screen)

Blue ray is fine and thats all we ever use ours for....no idea what a blue ray costs alone but if it's less than a PS3 then just buy that (assuming you have a sexy TV/projector to run it through)

Quote: Curt @ December 1 2008, 12:13 AM GMT

haha I was wondering if that new special episode of 24 was any good and I guess that means it was.

I wasn't wowed by the 24 special, but I was talking about the Call of Duty: World at War game. Kiefer does the voice work for one of the characters.

really? Cool didn't know that. He's got a great speaking voice. He did a really great speech about his grandfather Tommy Douglas the founder of the Canadian Public health care a few years back.

Quote: Curt @ December 1 2008, 12:36 AM GMT

He's got a great speaking voice.

I wish he wouldn't whisper every single word of dialogue on 24. It drives me crazy.

Quote: Curt @ December 1 2008, 12:13 AM GMT

They have a few war games and all the Resident Evil games but I don't know if the blood has been removed.

The Scarface game allows to to wield a chainsaw using your Wii baton. And Resident Evil 4 plays exactly the same as the PS2 version, except for the novelty controllers.

Quote: Leevil @ November 30 2008, 1:47 PM GMT

I want a PS3 but I'll end up getting the Xbox 360 arcade version purely because it's cheaper but I'm worried about the Rings of Death (I think it's called?).

I was in the same position but then I realised that the 360 arcade doesn't come with a hard drive and then I looked on ebay. I think there were about 1500 XBOX 360s on sale at the time I looked. When I filtered out all the ones with 'faulty' in them, it left about 5. So I got a PS3.

Quote: Pete @ December 1 2008, 12:14 AM GMT

browsing the net on the tv is stupid and pointless unless you have no life

And your point is?

I have both a PS3 and an XBox 360. Out of the two of them I much prefer the PS3. I don't even use the browser or blue ray but love the feel of the games. Indeed the 360 has a large list of games but that for me is not enough to call it the better purchase.

This might be a personal thing but I just think the overall game experience is better on the PS3. The PS3 is also a much quieter console as the 360 does tend to hum a bit. Luckily I have not yet suffered the RROD.

In the end it comes down to what you want. Each console tends to have it's exclusives (re Resistance for PS3 and Gears for 360) so it can be annoying if you have the one console but really want to play a game on the other. Unless you really want to have blue ray, or you don't have a pc to surf the net then I see little point in buying a PS3 if you already have a 360. But, if you just want one anyway then I definitely give the PS3 a thumbs up.

For online play, PS3 has a free service whereas you have to pay for Xbox Live. However Xbox is supposed to be the better of the two (but I've not done either so can't comment further).

Def.

Quote: Deferenz @ December 1 2008, 10:41 AM GMT

For online play, PS3 has a free service whereas you have to pay for Xbox Live. However Xbox is supposed to be the better of the two (but I've not done either so can't comment further).

Thing is, once you've plugged your console into the net, the one player experience just doesn't cut it anymore. I understand there are two, maybe three people using the PS3 online, but for the full racist/homophobic experience you really need to strap on an XBox headset and unload some hot lead into a 14 year old 7 Eleven employee in Arkansas.

Quote: David Bussell @ December 1 2008, 10:47 AM GMT

Thing is, once you've plugged your console into the net, the one player experience just doesn't cut it anymore. I understand there are two, maybe three people using the PS3 online, but for the full racist/homophobic experience you really need to strap on an XBox headset and unload some hot lead into a 14 year old 7 Eleven employee in Arkansas.

:D :D :D :D
Thanks for that giggle Bussell, but my laughter ran a little hollow.

You see, tonight I got the red ring of death. Again. F**king piece of shit. Now it has to go back to Microshaft for a fortnight, during which I must sit and stare at the wall whilst deflecting my family's attempts to attract my attention. What am I to tell them? "Sorry, I'm busy counting the wallpaper?"

Help me, for pity's sake! Teary

Quote: Lee Henman @ December 2 2008, 12:08 AM GMT

You see, tonight I got the red ring of death. Again. F**king piece of shit.

So you got a red ring piece when someone f**ked you up the shit?

Ouch. :(

Quote: Aaron @ December 2 2008, 12:17 AM GMT

So you got a red ring piece when someone f**ked you up the shit?

Ouch. :(

Yes. >_<

Quote: Lee Henman @ December 1 2008, 9:44 AM GMT

And your point is?

Don't get a PS3 for that...the "novelty" of sitting on the sofa using the net fades very fast and you'll soon want to be at a proper keyboard and not lounging on the settee trying to type.

Rings of death is a pain. I'm on my second 360 having just chucked the last one in the bin (was going to leave it and see if I could live with the PS3 but then Gears 2 came out ;)).