PS3 vs XBox 360 Page 8

WiFi data would be pointless, surely? People move and change their settings enough that the data would have no integrity by the time of its publication, would infringe on privacy, possibly facilitate piggybacking - and any legitimate, public networks publicise and make available map-APIs of their hotspots anyway.

No?

Quote: DaButt @ December 15 2008, 1:30 AM GMT

They finally released Street View photos for my neighborhood last week. Looks like they were taken about a year ago; Christmas decorations were up, but the buildings across the street were still under construction.

I bet you looked out your window just to make sure they weren't building new houses.

Companies already use the data to pinpoint locations without using GPS. It wouldn't necessarily have to be a database of open WIFI locations, but a database of physical locations vs. MAC addresses.

Just brainstorming the kinds of things I'd want to get done in one shot if I planned to drive down every street on the planet. ;)

My father actually drove down every road in the county we lived in in Florida. Several thousand miles, marking little dots on the map for single-family residences, businesses, etc. He used the data to create the county's first land use maps and plans for the future. I HATED it when we'd have to go driving with him on the weekends. A slow crawl down endless streets ... :|

Quote: Ned1984 @ December 15 2008, 1:35 AM GMT

I bet you looked out your window just to make sure they weren't building new houses.

I did spot my car in my parking space at the office.

XBox 360 suits me as the joypads are bigger. I have very big hands (and a big penis to boot, but we won't go there), so it suits me alot better than the small PS3 pads.

A lot of big penises have 360s. Whistling nnocently

360 degrees? Most penises do.

Well, my Christmas present to myself was an xbox 360! I am currently in Damascus, trying to assassinate William of Monfrett.

I have a big penis.

Where do you keep it?

Assassin's Creed. Better on the PS3. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 26 2008, 1:29 AM GMT

Yeah but the Xbox 360 looks better on bank statements.

So yeah, a conversation. Who wants it?

Quote: Leevil @ December 26 2008, 1:28 AM GMT

Where do you keep it?

I'm scared, as this is the first thing I've ever owned from microsoft. What if it breaks? The xbox, not my penis.

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 26 2008, 1:29 AM GMT

Apparently not. The graphics are supposed to be inferior on the PS3.

I never thought I would go near an Xbox. But the price difference and multi-format games make it an easy choice. I'm sure I've already said this but *shrugs*...

The Ps3 hardware is superior - and probably much more reliable - but capitalism wins the day. The xbox is cheaper, it is easier to develop for and it is a bigger market. 95% of PS3 games are always going to be xbox/pc ports. It's just a fact of life.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 26 2008, 1:37 AM GMT

I'm scared, as this is the first thing I've ever owned from microsoft. What if it breaks? The xbox, not my penis.

Send it back and they'll send you another one to that'll break. ;)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 26 2008, 1:37 AM GMT

Apparently not. The graphics are supposed to be inferior on the PS3.

I've seen both and don't agree.